The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD FS: (WI) 1992 Galant VR4 - 544/1000 $3700 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dammitjim

This one is sold.

1992 Galant VR4 #544/1000 for sale. $3700 OBO

Summit White A81 (CD, no sunroof, 1 of 14 click ). 150k miles, clean Autocheck with no accidents, all body panel VIN stickers are original. The paint and body are very nice with no dents and only two small spots of surface rust at the driver's front fender and under the passenger side spoiler mount. The leather including the back of the rear seat is on good shape and has been conditioned. There is a light wear mark on the driver's bolster but no holes. The dash and door panels are clean with no cracks or dings. All the gauges, controls and switches work correctly. The cruise works, the AC does not work. The dash plaque is intact and I have an engraved replica keyfob.

Mechanically the car is very sound. I replaced the timing belt and tensioner recently due to belt wear from contact with an incorrect oil pan bolt. The water pump/pulleys/etc are about 10k miles old. It has new front tire rod ends, ball joints and sway bar end links. The driver's front lower control arm is new because I couldn't get the ball joint out of the old one. The tires have plenty of tread. The trans, transfer case and diff all have new Redline fluid and the transmission shifts smoothly. The brake and clutch fluid have been replaced/bled. The parking brake is disconnected because one cable is broken. The rear KYB shocks are new. The brake reservoir cap has a small tear on the seal and should be replaced. The car sometimes has an inconsistant idle when it is fully warm and the temp gauge is at 12:00. When the temp gauge is at ~11:45 this doesn't happen.

Mods:
16G turbo
2.5" turbo back exhaust
Centerforce DF Clutch
Balance shaft delete
1G rods/2G pistons
Walbro fuel pump
A pillar Boost and EGT gauges
Manual boost controller
Short shift kit
KYB AGX shocks
Ground Control coilovers w/ Eibach springs

Last edited:

dammitjim

If you're not local and want additional pics just PM me and I'll get them to you. I'll add more interior and engine bay pictures soon.

photo%2B4-793321.JPG

photo%2B3-792368.JPG

photo%2B2-789810.JPG

photo%2B1-780021.JPG

photo%2B5-735047.JPG

photo%2B1-788674.JPG

photo%2B4-731778.JPG

photo%2B3-782251.JPG

photo%2B3-725414.JPG

photo%2B2-720236.JPG

photo%2B3-795241.JPG

photo%2B4-727362.JPG

photo%2B5-729489.JPG

photo%2B1-792711.JPG

photo%2B2-793952.JPG

photo%2B4-712752.JPG

Last edited:

dammitjim

I'd consider trades, what did you have in mind? Not really looking for any major projects, we've got a 3 month old and I just don't have spare time to wrench right now.

4G63_GSR

nice looking car. white and in WI too!

dsmkid

Quoting dammitjim:
I'd consider trades, what did you have in mind? Not really looking for any major projects, we've got a 3 month old and I just don't have spare time to wrench right now.

I have a super clean 2001 Montero Sport W/ 140k and runs Perfect that I would possibly be interested in trading. Does your car leak ANYTHING or have any problems at all?

img.php

Last edited:

dammitjim

Thanks for the offer but if I get a different car it would likely be something other than a Mitsubishi.

It looks like the valve cover leaks a little but it's not significant. I don't see any spots on the ground where it's parked and as far as I can tell it doesn't have any other leaks.

It's a 20 year old car, it would be a minor miracle if it didn't have any problems at all. I listed several in the first post that I thought were significant. The rear pads are low but still have life left. It has a slight pull to the right. The trunk trim for the back side of the seat is missing. It has a Hyundai oil fill cap. The trunk badges have been removed. There is a scuff on the lower passenger side of the front bumper. The PRESS buttons on the front seat belt latches are faded. The radio display sometimes will only show part of the station number. The antenna doesn't go down all the way. The hood prop stay is broken.

There are probably some other small things I'm not thinking of that are typical of an older car. Overall I think it's very good condition for its age and miles.

Last edited:

4G63_GSR

more interior and engine bay pics. really thinking about this but the talon will have to go first. not sure if i want to let the talon go though.

dammitjim

I added interior and engine bay pics to the 2nd post. Feel free to ask for more. I'll knock $50 off the price if I haven't replaced or recovered the steering wheel before it sells. The spots on the back window are leather conditioner spray. I cleaned them off after taking that pic.

Last edited:

ktmrider

On the A/C thing is it just not engaging or did you remove items?

Interested!

dammitjim

The clutch is missing from the compressor and would need to be replaced for the A/C to work. I have the A/C belt off right now but it comes with the car. Everything else is there. The fan runs when you turn the A/C on inside the car.

Last edited:

4G63_GSR

congrats on the sale. did it stay in WI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts