The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD FS NM: 92 GVR4 464/1000 $3100 SOLD

ktmrider

SOLD as of 11/9/13. Thank you very much GVR4.org and Paddy!

Hi everyone, time has come to move on with other car toys.

To start I'm really moving out of the MMC/DSM game. Family just can't wrap their heads' around my G ride obsession and with my oldest about to hit driving age I can't realistically have him in one ( nor my daughter in a few years ).

464/1000 has had a long and illustrious career. The last owner, DR1665, thinks it served some rallycross and/or other type of off-road duties. Sadly it's been hit and totaled twice by insurance so stop reading right now if Salvage Titles bother ya. Here is the last FS ad: click

I've put a bunch of parts on her since pickup last summer. Unfortunately two spun rod bearings derailed us for awhile, here is the thread on that: click

So here we are today. Cruise, A/C w R134a conversion, 4WS, windows, locks, bulbs, all work great. Broken or so-so things are the sunroof, cracked windshield, and paint ( lots of rattle can covers including JDM front ). She's a perfect daily driver candidate for someone looking in that realm. That being said I'm too old and cranky to deal with the inevitable storm of KBB/Salvage/Partout discussions. The price is what it is, I really don't care what you think or what Billy Joe Jim Bob paid for his salvage vehicle yesterday. Not interested? Keep on trucking by. I won't be parting out to the forum either, if it comes to that there are two GVR4's at my friend snailspool's house, 464 will donate her heart and soul to get those back on the road. Worst case the rolling chassis could be available to those that are in car-cancer regions of the good ole USA. Would absolutely hate to see her go to car heaven, or ANY car for that matter that runs well, but life will go on.

1992 Galant VR4, Kensington Gray, sunroof ( non operational on SR ), 464/1000

202,2xx miles, 3000 miles on refreshed engine including timing components and oil pump

Fresh fluids in all areas, trans is notchy into 2nd gear if you manhandle things. Should have struts replaced plus front tophats and bumpstops.

Mod List:
2.5" catted Turbo-Back CMPE exhaust
Ported 1g exhaust manifold
JDM non-RS FMIC kit
EVO8 injectors, fuel pump, and MAF
Refurbished ECU, socketed
Keydiver chip for previously mentioned EVO and ECU items
Black Top CAS
Hallman MBC
JDM front bumper
Manual seatbelt conversion ( love this )
93 headlights ( lots of chrome peel tho )
New rear brake rotors and pads
Eagle GT tires with lots of tread left
Radio and speakers are decent
GVR4 specific floor mats
89 underdash
Short throw shifter from blacksheep
Optima red-top battery
ACT-2100 clutch

Included in sale:

PocketLogger setup with MMCd on SD card, charging station, and 12v charging cord
OEM exhaust, MAF
ABS delete kit
3-bolt LSD diff and axles

I'm open to delivering the car within a one-state radius of NM ( TX, AZ, CO, OK, maybe UT ), will need a lift to a "major" airport serviced by American or Southworst.

Here are some pics taken today. There are more in the thread links above.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Right after I posted this I got a call from Chicago1 ( owner of 86/2000 ). #86 lost compression in cyl 4 plus his other vehicle is JSB.

Long story short he's driving 464/1000 until further notice. If you want a second opinion of its condition and utility drop him a line.

Also note I'm selling the Whiteline RSB locally, has been removed from the first post accordingly. Added PocketLogger setup to original post ( complete unit with charging cords for in/out of car ).

Last edited:

ktmrider

Bump for those biatching about wanting a good daily driver.

DR1665

Bump because I know it's a good car. It's not a pretty car, but it's a good car. Excellent rallyx player you can drive to work the next day.

snailspool

Bump for a meticulous owner.

ktmrider

Quoting DR1665:
Bump because I know it's a good car. It's not a pretty car, but it's a good car. Excellent rallyx player you can drive to work the next day.

Thx DR! Absolutely correct, no show all go.

Quoting snailspool:
Bump for a meticulous owner.

Another thx! Do it right = Do it once.

Operational update, the chain store alternator died earlier this week. Already R&R by a local place, The Start Shop. There's a thread floating around here about them, awesome place. And to verify my previous statement they Do It Right LOL.

Finally we're considering keeping the car. Wife still hates the looks however it's paid off and my kid(s) will only need to drive it a few miles to-from school. I'll keep the ad up however if there is no interest by the end of Sept ( or I complete and sell the Legacy project ) she'll stay with me/us a bit longer.

Damn! i would be all about this car if it wasnt for the salvage title /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You wouldnt be interested in trading for an SUV would you...?

ktmrider

^^ Hey Zach while I do have a ton of cars what is the 411 on your SUV?

Its a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland Edition. 178k miles. lifted, 33 inch tires, superchips tuner and full exhaust. 4.7L HO V8. thing books for almost 8 grand. lol

She is for sale, or trade. and i am currently living in New Mexico /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ktmrider

^^ Very nice! Sadly not what I'm looking at for the kiddos transportation method.

GL, still need to get you signed up on ABQ-DSM and into the great local group!

ktmrider

Alrighty 464 is back in my possession. Chicago1 got his up and running, one less on JSB duty.

I got a chance to drive around with the "old" suspension, it's pretty clunky ( needs tophats and struts ). Lowering the price to $3100 due to this, if I find some Bilstein take-offs I'll adjust the price accordingly. Edit, I replaced the front bumpstops 11/2 plus added some 3/8" spacers in the rear to level things out. Looks/rides much better however I'd still replace the struts/tophats sooner than later.

Mileage is now 202k+, just did an oil/filter change, ready for a new owner.

Last edited:

DR1665

464/1000 is better than ever.
195/2000 is sold, but still in my garage. (We need to hang a sprint car from the ceiling to make room.)
I'm thinking 1G AWD DSM by summer.

Casually shopping around, I'm finding good DSMs are getting harder to find. Seems like the only Craigslistings that aren't deleted by author are outliers - fucked-over slags nobody wants to deal with or highly modified cherries nobody wants to pony up for (myself included).

I don't want to spend thousands un-f***ing some reprobate nightmare. I don't want to spend $6000 for some fully built, 600whp-on-e85 primadona either. I just want a clean DSM I can throw some decent rolling stock and a few Evo take-offs at and daily drive for another 200,000 miles.

So, randomly, on a whim, I think, [/i]"I should check the ORG classifieds and see what's out there."[/i] You never know, right? I'm skimming along, and I see, "$3100... NM." I get all excited. Damn! That's close! And I got 195 in NM, too. I should check it out and...

lulz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ktmrider

Lutz indeed, folks wondered why I called 86/2000 The Boomerang!

I added a 3-bolt LSD rear and axles to the original post. Might swap it myself later however it will be available with the car.

Might still do Plastidip but have not bought anything.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Pending sale. Will end up a Rally vehicle if the deal goes down, probably ideal scenario due to the salvage title(s).

Will miss her, went 250 miles RT for the viewing. Got 26mpg too.

ktmrider

^^ LOL didn't want to speak in absolutes, habit from work. Thanks again Paddy, enjoyed meeting up and the off-topic Bench Raching sessions.

Note to others, we got approached 2x times by enthusiasts in the parking lot of a TA Stop in Santa Rosa, NM. One knew what a GVR4 was, one was a Wyotech student on his way to CA for more classes. Guess an open hood and two+ guys looking/touching/pointing/talking is quite the magnet for gearheads!

DR1665

Strange. I had a couple rally buddies recently pass through NM on their way to SEMA and I almost suggested they ping you about 464.

Paddy the buyer? Rally, rallyx future for the old girl? Either way, feel free to ping me with any questions or share any cool updates with me directly. My email is my screen name @gmail.com.

Ironically, 195/2000 is destined to be a rally car as well. Pretty good odds!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts