The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sold: 92 Galant vr4 #859/1000 summit white in NorCal $2500

Somebody deleted my previous post, so I am reposting it.

I am selling my 1992 summit white #859/1000 which I got in 2002 with 69k miles, and now it has just under 110K miles.

Upgrades

new cryo-treated head
3G lifters
New timing belts and water pump
TRE transmission
2G manifold and downpipe
EVO big16g
New radiator and hoses
2.5" turbo back exhaust
New isc motor

New slotted brake rotors and calipers on 4 wheels.
New lower control arms, bushings
New front axles from raxles

socketed Eprom ECU
shorter shifter
New wiper motor

MOMO steering wheel
Alpine MDA-w933j MD/CD player with AUX for iPod
93 headlight

Interior condition is excellent with no ripped leather or damaged plastics.
Exterior is good condition except some rust spot at the edge of front hood which is very common in gvr4.

I have a genuine gvr4 hood and bumper cover and even have original 1992 sales brochure for it in mint condition.

Now for bad news, it recently showed rod bearing knock problem. My mechanic replaced #2 bearing with new one but knocking noise is still there.
He told me crank shaft is okay and thinks oil passage is blocked for # 2 bearing.

It was a daily driver and very well cared.
However, I am getting too old (39 /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif)and my bad back prevent me to work on the car anymore.

I planned to upgrade further including putting supra fuel pump,boost controller and AMS intercooler which I already have them in my hands, but did not have a chance to install it.

My gvr4 has never seen above stock psi.

My loss is you gain.

Anyone looking for a nice, low-mileaged, well cared, mildly upgraded gvr4 with low price and have access or skill to repair rod bearing problems, this is your chance to get a nice platform for further upgrade.

I am looking for $2500 and am located in Palo Alto, CA

Please email me (csim123 at yahoo.com) or call me at 6.5.0-9.0.6-2.1.7.0

I'll take some pics and post them soon.

Thanks,

Chung

Last edited by a moderator:

hum, i could be interested. Plz post some more pics of interiors, other rust that are present, and the engine plz. I could be your happy buyer. Also, a view of the trunk.

That is weird since I sold my car (#859) to local (John) last year.
Actually, he just called and told me about this repost.

I have no idea why old post is reposted as new again.

I still miss #859 though.

I apologize to people who sent me a private message last 5-6 month.
I haven't checked this forum quite long time since I sold mine.

Chung

Luke

It was "reposted as new", because zanaka bumped your old forsale thread from 6 months ago :)

Nice car though..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts