The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1991 GVR4 #76/2000 - $3500 - D.C. area

Status
Not open for further replies.

It pains me to do this, but I just have too many vehicles and need to get rid of something.

1991 Galant VR-4 #76/2000 - $3500
152k odometer

Mods, etc:
-Big 16G
-ETS FMIC & piping
-Counterfeit XBC manual boost controller
-Custom 2.5" tubular SS O2 housing with 40mm TiAL gate
-Buschur 2.5" mandrel bent SS exhaust, turbo back, no cat
-Socketed EPROM ECU with Ostrich and ROM emulator
-JDM GVR4 trans from Noyan (local JDM parts supplier), doesn't grind
-PTT twin disc clutch with organic discs (good to 500 ft-lbs)
-KYB GR2 shocks, stock springs
-Urethane bushings all around, front and rear
-Welded rear trailing arms
-RMDSM rear swaybar
-AWS deleted
-1G DSM steering rack
-1G shifter
-Boost and oil pressure gauges stuffed loosely in the glove box
-Sport Edition 16" wheels with Kumho tires, 50% tread
-Included in the sale are the stock 15" wheels with Blizzaks

The good:
The motor has about 30k on it and runs well. When I put the car together, I completely overhauled the front and rear suspension (new urethane bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc). The car handles very well for its size. My wife has been driving this car for the past 3 years (with the boost set to 15 psi) and its reliability has been proven. Plus she's not the kind of driver that beats on the car. All power accessories work (PS, PW, PL, A/C) except the mirrors. Title is clean.

The bad:
Although the body is straight and has virtually no rust (which is rare for the Belize Green GVR4s), there is now significant clear coat oxidation on the roof, and a little on the hood. The body has some minor dings and blemishes commensurate with its age. There's a little surface rust on the bottom edge of some of the doors (wire wheel and touch up paint should remedy it), but none under the hood or trunk lid. The car has been garaged since I've owned it. There is a power steering leak, but I have not identified the source. There is also an oil leak somewhere around the return line. Both of these leaks are slow but do leave stains on the ground. The turbo is in pretty good shape, but the car does blow a little grey smoke at WOT - could be tuning related (car is only roughly tuned so there is lots of room for improvement). There are a lot of dirt roads in my area so the car is dusty inside. I did a cursory cleanup but it could benefit from some more thorough detailing.

If interested, call me at 703-402-4988.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

P5202011.jpg

P5202012.jpg

P5202013.jpg

P5202014.jpg

P5202016.jpg

P5202019.jpg

P5202020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

where at in Dc..cause I can have it out of your hands by this weekend if you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (o and are the leaks slow leaks?)

I edited the post to add some pics from today as well as more information.

I'm in Front Royal, VA which is an hour west of D.C. If you call and get voicemail, please leave a message and I'll get back to you. I can't have my phone with me at work, so it's usually off during the day on weekdays.

Going to put this on craigslist in a couple days, but I would prefer the car go to someone on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned