The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 139/1000 Galant Vr4 NNJ 8000 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesus_ralliart

Alot of this ad is copy/pasted from Nate's for sale ad as I'm the one who bought the car and now its time for a sale... anyhow

Name: Mark D
Contact Info: PM, aim jsrllrt

Year: 1992
Make: Mitsu
Model: Galant Vr4
Color: Belieze Green
Mileage: 91,000 (original miles that can be verified by autocheck/carfax)
Transmission: Manual

Price: 8000 obo/willing to trade for 03/04 cobra, evo,sti legacy spec b with money on top(my end). I know what Nate had the car posted for but I'm not in a super rush to sell the car as he was. With that said, any decent offer will be considered.

Description: I'm starting to consider selling my third and best galant vr4. Car is 9/10 all around. Car has been built/tuned by Nate who has been building/tuning dsms/vr4s for many years. That being said, the man put this one together to drive his kids(no child seats included) around and still have plenty of balls... Car has 395whp/tq. Anyhow, he took pics of everything and did an awesome job. Car runs without a single problem. I'll add to this thread as I think of stuff but overall its an awesome daily which can hit a low 12 or high 11(depending on driver).

Car just sits at my folks place now and its a shame....needs a driver. I've wanted something newer for a while and an 03/04 terminator has been a dream car for a while. My price isn't firm but I've been lowballed before... don't be afraid to make an offer. I'm getting out of the vr4 game for a while.

Modifications:
Engine:

Rebuilt 6bolt shortblock: 8.5:1 2g pistons, stock rods.
Freshly rebuilt 1G head with stock valvetrain, cams, and intake manifold
forward facing oil filter housing.
stock HG & ARP L19 headstuds.
Balance shafts removed.
90 water pipe
Jay Racing alternator relocation
Unorthodox aluminum crank pulley
JNZ Finishing powdercoated valve cover
Prothane engine mounts
slim pusher radiator fan
non-cruise throttle cable
Jaz 1pt oil catch can

Exhaust:

Evo3 ported exhaust manifold
MHI 16G with internal wastegate
MHI ported Evo3 7cm turbine housing
Punishment recirqulated 2.5" o2 housing
3" turboback exhaust

Intake:

3" Stainless intake pipe with K&N filter
XS Power 24" x 12" x 4" FMIC core. (inlet endtank flipped & rewelded with 2.5" cast elbow)
2.5" polished aluminum custom ic pipes
Tial knock-off bov (xs power brand)
1G DSM NT throttle body with vac ports eliminated. EGR block offf

Fuel:

750cc FIC Injectors

Last edited by a moderator:

a2vr4

Your photo link isn't working. Beautiful car! GLWS!
~Brian

LOVE THIS CAR! Nate built it exactly how I want to build mine, light and peppy! GLWTS!

jesus_ralliart

thanks, yea he did it great. buy this one lol.

only note, i dont offer joyrides without a non-refundable cash deposit. i had a bad law enforcement experience once with a "buyer" behind the wheel.

Interested in the car if still available. Looks like a nice example - read through some of the historical thread that Nate posted and looks like he did a good job restoring/rescuing it from lawn time.

I'm a new user here, but not new to the platform. I had 2 92 VR-4 Galant's back in the day, a black and a grey one. Loved them both. Sadly, I can't recall the numbers atm, been too long.

Why am I telling you this? To let you know, even though I'm a new user here with no "creds" I am a member of 3si.org, 3sgto.org and mn3s.org (I have 2 3s cars, 97 VR-4 and 96 Stealth RT/TT) and my user id is same here, guido1205us - so at least you can look me up over there and see that I'm not a scammer.

If you still have the car, I'd like:
- More pics, mostly interior sent to [email protected]
- I Nate's post he said some minor things needed to been done - did you address them?

" - Some your yit needs a wheel alignment since changing the suspension to tall/soft for winter.
it needs the rear window tinted or the side tint removed...your choice, but it looks wierd the way it is now with sides black and back window clear.
it needs the door window frames repainted black...right now they are the typical faded grey.
it needs the engine bay detailed and cleaned. it isn't "greasy or dirty", it mostly just has coolant residue from the last time it blew a hg and I haven't had time to go at it with a washcloth and toothbrush
It needs the valve cover gasket changed...leaking"

- I recall with both my 92's the rear head liner would flap when the sun roof was open - does this happen?
- Do the valves tick? I recall that with my 92 (Mitsu seems to have fixed them with the 3rd gen 3s or 99s)

Sure I'll think of some more questions.

Thanks man.

Oh, one more thing - with the mods and current state of the car would you trust that it would make the trip from NJ to MN?

Thanks.

NateCrisman

Any chance of divuldging who bought the car? I'd like to keep track of it just for my own interest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts