The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I entered 1051 in a street car competition

JCorbo25

^ I approve as well, that's what I do with the GVR4 in the dirt...

veganbutcher

Any word on what days it is? I live about 20 minutes away from Seattle and wouldn't mind swinging by to check it out.

EMX5636

Tuned by Jake Montgomery huh? Wonder if it's the DSM Jake? oh and P.S. Mark, I hope you wipe that car so he can feel his wallet hurt even more.

turbowop

It's DSM Jake Montgomery for sure. The car is from Idaho as is Jake. I've met Jake before at a couple of events in the past in Seattle. He even complimented my car that day for running a 12 flat @ 119mph and for being so clean. I think that was the same race that he launched a xfer case out the back of the car 3/4 of the way down the strip. He seemed like a nice guy.

That GTR seems pretty sick, regardless of whether or not the owner did the work. I have a list of questions I had to go through and answer that are similar to what he talked about in the video. I didn't expect to actually do a video interview, LOL. I think it's cool I built my car myself, rather than a bunch of other people putting it together and tuning it with my money though. What is that thing worth with mods? Aren't R34's like $80k stock or something ridiculous to own in the states. Then the mods on top of that. Sheesh. There is a LOT of money in that car.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Omg that GTR is the sh*t, that thing is gonna do some damage, unless a badass R35 is chosen. Let us know when they select you mark, I wanna see that long interview on 1051.

turbowop

We're working out the time for pics/vids/interview now. My schedule is crazy right now. Fiance graduates med school tomorrow so all her family is here. Next weekend is my bachelor party in Vegas. Then in three weeks is our wedding. The only weekend I have is between Vegas and the wedding. Crossing fingers for good weather in Seattle.

EMX5636

Congrats on everything Mark! I just went through it 2 weeks ago, so I know how little time you'll have.

Back on topic: I do love GTR's, but like Supra's, money just buys you power. Almost no one does their own work and has no effort into the car. That's why I hope you get in, to show that hard work/dedication can replace a deep wallet (plus weird/rare cars are cool, anyone remember McIntyre's twin engine Tiburon in the USCC back in 02?)

SouthCaliVR4

I was just talking to a coworker about that tiburon, He didn't believe me. Hell, I saw that car & had a hard time believing anyone would do that. I'd bet he spent quite a bit on the project.

Give em hell Mark!!! I hear you're supposed to be quite scary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif use that!!!

transparentdsm

Quoting EMX5636:
Congrats on everything Mark! I just went through it 2 weeks ago, so I know how little time you'll have.

Back on topic: I do love GTR's, but like Supra's, money just buys you power. Almost no one does their own work and has no effort into the car. That's why I hope you get in, to show that hard work/dedication can replace a deep wallet (plus weird/rare cars are cool, anyone remember McIntyre's twin engine Tiburon in the USCC back in 02?)

remember that, i still have the VHS. such a cool freaking car.

GSX_TC

I miss the days of the Ultimate Street Car Challenges, I used to have every one on video. Seeing the DSM's dominate the 1/4 always made me smile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting turbowop:
First competitor has been announced /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif :

click

To be honest I wouldn't feel too intimidated. Skylines are great cars for sure but there is a reason you don't see a lot of them at autoX type events. I would expect that car to be a serious competitor on a circuit or drag strip but not anywhere you need to perform lots of tight manouevres in succession.

transparentdsm

i feel the same way. def. a competitor, but nothing to break a sweat about. i think your car is going to do yourself and the whole vr4 community a huge favor, by crushing the competition. i really cant wait to see more of the cars and the video footage of everything.

raptorWagon

GVR4 > Skyrine....because skylines are about as common as DSMs out here, if not more common than the diminishing DSM population lol.

turbowop

I've watched those as well. I'm happier seeing those than that GTR, lol.

My video will come later. Trying to schedule time to do it has been a hassle with so much stuff going on at work and in life lately. Can't even take video until late June.

jogalant

Do you tink da other entrants are snooping dis site?

Shouldn't we be doing the same ala Eric Holder? lolololol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned