The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I entered 1051 in a street car competition

raptorWagon

Quoting turbowop:
That's why I entered. I've run the car so many times over the last decade at the strip. I already know what it will do, so I don't feel the need to take it out that often. Shows are fun, but redundant. This seemed like something fun and new, and could be cool for our little community. I really didn't expect them to select a 21 year old hoopty though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Sweet Sentra! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
So that's Twin Turbo right?

turbowop

Quoting Hertz:
I can enter the competition for only $150 on eBay.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I thought about the whole "pay to enter" thing for awhile, and thats part of why i created this thread. After posting this thread I thought about this: If I do any of those events separately on a regular day, I would have to pay anyway. I know guys that do all sorts of events and there are usually entry fees involved. Same goes for The Shootout, right? The fact is, I'm no sponsored big name, so it's not like somebody is gonna pay me to show up. I guess I'm just paying to enter an event that only a few are allowed to compete in.

jnava

Staff member
LMAO...I posted on it....oops. Deleted it once I read the whole thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

transparentdsm

that sounds like a lot of fun and if i had the opportunity i would definitely do it. your car is beautiful, well rounded and a very good example of a VR4. go show them what your car is made of and make the community proud. also please post links so we can all see what happens.

GSX_TC

Goodluck mark, while your at, maybe you can attend the DSM shootout? Can you keep us updated in this thread how your car does.

prove_it

When it comes to auto-x a laggy car, don't worry too much about speed. Hitting cones when you come into boost will cost you too many points. Your better off going a little slower and avoiding cones at all costs. Like you said hopefully you can make up for it in the other categories. Your biggest advantage will be in the drag and the show. Having a one off car that no one sees will get more attention. Everyone has seen a 90 mil supra and skylines at this point. So many people have no idea what a GVR4 is and that will draw attention. Everyone will ask what the hell is this, then see the level of attention you have into it and be impressed. You will be busy that's for sure. New and different is what the crowds want.

I'm pumped for ya Mark.

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:
while your at, maybe you can attend the DSM shootout?

I would love to make that happen every year, but I don't budget for it and it would require too much time off work. The drive to Seattle is considerably shorter than the drive to Ohio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'd rather spend a week in Hawaii, than spend a week watching cars fly down the 1/4 mile. Sorry.

Last edited:

mikus

VR4s need redemption after that one what, 6-7 years ago that puked its guts during a magazine shootout

Plus building a vr4 and declining an offer like that (fee aside) is like getting fake tits and not dancing for money.

Street Surgeon

I think your car is sweet but fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff*ck paying 225.00 to enter a competition that could have easily been written off on Falkens taxes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif For what, a 1/10 chance to win a set of tires? Seems kind of insulting, I do like the idea of the old school SCC streetcar challenge thing though. Good luck should you choose to participate.

EHmotorsports

1/10 chance is better then 0/10 chance. Plus it will be fun to get the car out and show off your pride and joy. Some people can't get past the build part of there car and after they are finished they sell it for another build. This is what we should do after the build. 225 is cheap for autoX, drag,and show. Plus you get to bs with other guys that appreciate cars. Total package deal! Plus I'm sure the wifey would like playing around in Seattle while your out.

Last edited:

James

Don't embarrass us now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thecman02

sh*t with that trick suspension you bought wopper you oughta be tearing it up. Atleast beat the supra around some cones.

BpuVR4

Quoting thecman02:
sh*t with that trick suspension you bought wopper you oughta be tearing it up. Atleast beat the supra around some cones.

beat the Supra everywhere!!

DynastyLCD

go get 'em Mark! show them what kinda whoopin' 1051 can dish out!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

citymunky

Quoting 1badgvr4:
That's what you built it for right? Good to stretch it out every once in awhile.

+1, put that car to use.

GSX_TC

Cmon now, we're talking about the legendary 1051 here, no matter what happens it's gonna be epic. Love that car! Goodluck out there mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5OF2k

Quoting mikus:
VR4s need redemption after that one what, 6-7 years ago that puked its guts during a magazine shootout

Say what? what article was that?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts