The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Small radiator upgrade

I have seen a couple photo's of Gvr4's the the radiator under the radiator support. In the pictures they did not look like aftermarket units rather a stock from another car. What radiator fits under there will limited work? I am putting an FP red on the Gvr4 and would really like more room to work in the engine bay. Kinda sucks pulling everything out to do a turbo swap where in my 1g dsm I just have to take the turbo out haha.

TIA
Brent

kartorium

Just so people know, the honda civic aluminum replacement radiators fit perfect under the core support if you turn it 90 degrees. Weld shut the radiator cap neck and run a 1g tstat housing. Mounting has to be custom, and there is not enough clearance to run this way on a car that sees high vibration/impact/rally I'd think.

Yes! That VW is the one I was thinking of but I forgot the name! Anyone here use that radiator?

ya brent its the vw scirocco is the one we were talking about. it fits under the rad support, here is a pic of alpha males setup.

100_4377.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mistaVR4

Here Is a thread that contains pics of a GVR4 with this particular summit racing "small" type racing radiator. You can even do more searching around the site for more examples but this about sums it up. I'm using the exact same radiator and it does fit perfectly under the core support where the condenser use to be, this is a perfect radiator to use to save space and enable short route I/C pipes to be used with ease.

Does anyone here use a half rad like a civic? Is the coolant temp sensor universal fit for all rads or no?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I use a half size civic radiator. Mine didn't come with a hole to mount the coolant temp sensor that turns the fans on. But since I don't have A/C anymore I moved the sensor to the thermostat housing.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting Brent:
Yes! That VW is the one I was thinking of but I forgot the name! Anyone here use that radiator?

Im running one

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting Brent:
Do you have a picture of that?

If you look in the pic below the sensor is mounted below the radiator cap slightly to the left. I'm using a 1g dsm thermostat housing and I cut off and welded shut the flange on the civic radiator.

I think the VW Scriocco is the best one possible. Anyone have a good hook up for them?

Rausch

Quoting Brent:
I think the VW Scriocco is the best one possible. Anyone have a good hook up for them?

Are you thinking of the Scirroco style radiators perhaps?

Edit: Whoops....NVM...Try Summit for different sizing and application specs. I know htye carry a bunch of different sizes and thicknesses...not sure on price point though.

Last edited by a moderator:

IncorpoRatedX

aw its my car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts