The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sitting Motor

Lancer99

Just a quick question, I need space in my garage and I want to put the motor and head inside the VR-4 with just the 3 motor mounts holding it in. Would it be safe enough to have it just the motor, head and maybe the intake mainfold be holding by the three motor mounts? Or should I have some sort of support where the trans bolts up to?

524of1000

I had mine held on ONLY by the tranny mount. But it was only for the day. I do not condone or endorse doing so for long periods of time.....

Terry Posten

Yes, it will be fine. If you really wanted to be extra sure, get an old bottle jack and place it under the back of the block just below the rear seal and just take up the slack. Put it under an oil pan bolt head so you don't bend up the pan lip.

belize1334

With the transmission in but no passenger side mount it'll sag a bit. With the transmission out it'll be totally fine.

Lancer99

Yea there will bo no transmissison as its out for getting a rebuild since the needed space

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned