The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Single bulb corners now with parking light and signal.....

381gvr4

I picked up a set of Amber corners off Rausch and didn't realize they weren't plug and play! So yesterday I went searching at the local yard for a similar socket that would be compatible with the corner. The only one I found that I could make work was a 3 wire/ dual filament setup off of a Diamonte. The ONLY mod needed to fit the socket was triming one of the 4 tabs that locks it to the back of the corner. 1/16th off each side of the largest tab and it fits like stock.

Next I had to figure out which 2 wires went to the dim filament and which lit the bright filament for the signal. Once that was done, I cut the stock clip, wired and soidered the dim filament to the stock 2 wires. The 3rd wire I ran to the green wire on the bumper signals, tapped and soidered.

Done! Now with the single bulb, oem socket fitment and a dual filament bulb I have parking lights and signals!

381gvr4

Whoops... haven't been on in a bit! Woplite ftw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Nice work man! Glad you got things sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts