The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Since I could not find Tein Camber plates for the Galant VR-4....

blacksheep

I decided to have some made. I looked high and low, I called Tein and they said NLA. Called several retailers. So, I decided to look around to find someone who makes these and I ran across Josh at Yoshifab. Yoshifab is not new to DSM and Mitsus - They are popular on the Mirage forums and such...

I contacted Josh and said these were similar to the DSM one, but he was honest and said he would not unless he had a gvr4 top hat and made measurements etc. I did not have a set handy. But this is galantvr4.org...

2 members came to my rescue - Ktmrider and Toybreaker. Ktmrider offered up a spare set of his for free and volunteered to ship it to Yoshifab. When he had to leave town for business, he asked Toybreaker to do it who obliged and shipped it out. I love this forum, it is a community and helpful members like this make it a diamond in the rough, I swear! They even sent his a DSM one to highlight the differences and such. Freaking, fracking awesome.

Anyways, 3 weeks later, I received these today...

camberplate1_zps7c583e47.jpg

camberplate2_zpsc0a1fb79.jpg

Sorry about the fuzz and such on it. I didn't clean it out, I just hurried and took pics

Seems to be excellent build quality. Thick plates, powdercoated, stainless studs and a high quality bearing. Only con, it seems to be missing the marking for adjustments, but I am hoping that when I get it aligned, I can have them align by adjusting the plates as needed. They have a free lifetime alignment package at the firestone.

Price wise, it cost about the same as a retail set of teins which is to be expected when building a custom one-off camber plate.

If someone is interested, please email [email protected] and thanks for looking.

As turbowop would say, "tell them KC from galantvr4.org sent you"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

G

Staff member
Sweet!

turbowop

That is a Tein spherical bearing. Looks like they just fabbed up a custom plate. And for what it's worth, I don't even use the marks on the plates on mine.

I wanna know where the spherical bearing part can be purchased without the plate.

Last edited:

5OF2k

I like those, a LOT! I need a set, ASAP! I had to modify my towers for my Talon D2s which was not ideal, to say the least....

How do i go about getting a set of my own?

-Jake

blacksheep

Quote:
If someone is interested, please email [email protected] and thanks for looking.

As turbowop would say, "tell them KC from galantvr4.org sent you"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

ktmrider

Quoting blacksheep:
I I contacted Josh and said these were similar to the DSM one, but he was honest and said he would not unless he had a gvr4 top hat and made measurements etc. I did not have a set handy. But this is galantvr4.org...

2 members came to my rescue - Ktmrider and Toybreaker. Ktmrider offered up a spare set of his for free and volunteered to ship it to Yoshifab. When he had to leave town for business, he asked Toybreaker to do it who obliged and shipped it out. I love this forum, it is a community and helpful members like this make it a diamond in the rough, I swear! They even sent his a DSM one to highlight the differences and such. Freaking, fracking awesome.

Glad it all worked out, they look absolutely awesome!

TB did all the hard stuff. In fact someone needs to talk him into updating one of the 1g -> GVR4 suspension threads. I could not believe the number of differences he found! And that was just the front tophats, throw in spring seats and other misc items and there are WAY more deltas than I imagined.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

5OF2k

Quoting blacksheep:
Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

lol COMPLETELY missed that when I replied....of course, that was also a few beers in as well.....dont judge!!

Emailed, done and done. Excited to hear back from him!

-Jake

GSX_TC

Quoting turbowop:
Just make sure you also mention Mike Valencia's name. At that point, they're practically free.

Not practically free but indeed cheaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thecman02

Wop if you get info on the spherical bearing don't hold out on us!

EMX5636

I'll have to email him when I replace my K-Sports with something else. Maybe he can make a camber/caster adjustable pair.

G

Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
That is a Tein spherical bearing. Looks like they just fabbed up a custom plate. And for what it's worth, I don't even use the marks on the plates on mine.

I wanna know where the spherical bearing part can be purchased without the plate.

Try here >> click

Pg. 40 >> click

Last edited:

turbowop

I'm not just talking about the spherical bearing itself, but the whole underplate that houses the bearing. The one shown above uses the same retaining method with a thread-in ring that uses a 4-prong tool to remove and install it.

The part circled in red below is identical to the Tein parts. The plate, bearing, threaded ring, etc. Having owned both the Tein version and the JIC version, I can tell you that the JIC version is different and uses a different method to retain the bearing, but both Tein and JIC use the same bearing. This isn't a big deal. It would just be nice to know for those of us that have Tein plates with worn out spherical bearings. Would be super easy to swap out those assemblies without having to worry about sourcing new camber plates or sending the whole plate to Tein USA for replacement.

Last edited:

KT

Hotbits has a GVR-4 specific plate as well. I've had both the Tein and the Hotbits and preferred the Hotbits.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned