The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Silver 5 spoke or Gold 7 spoke? Pics to compare

NateCrisman

Which do you guys prefer?

SSR GT7's 17x8.5" 18.6lb each. These wheels are worth significantly more due to brand name and 8.5" width.
892136539_Gus5n-L.jpg

Exel unknown model 17"x7" 18lb each. These wheels are of a somewhat generic brand and 7" wide are kinda skinny for 17's, so obviously they aren't worth a ton.
892133251_Xt4Eb-L.jpg

Please forgive the obvious quick photochop hackery, but it serves the purpose. I need to swap on new tires and have both sets of wheels here so Im deciding which to keep/sell. I was all set to sell the SSR's until I saw the gold in person and it's growing on me. The wheels came to me in scuffed rattle can flat black and GizmoVR4 was going to repaint them for me, but said I should check out the original gold finish first. Now I can't decide which I like more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

curtis

Damn Nate someone haz hacked your brakes and powertrain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Go with the 7 spokes they look killer. Bronze + Green always ='s badass

evolved4g63

Gold and green look killer. As Don Magic Juan would say "Green is for the Money, Gold is for the Honeys".

8.5 is pretty freaking wide tho.

NateCrisman

Quoting evolved4g63:
Gold and green look killer. 8.5 is pretty freaking wide tho.

Yeah, with a 235 45 17 tire, the tire is "stretched" looking due to the wide wheel...it looks like it should really have a 255.
857849928_c2PHX-L.jpg

Last edited:

MMCVR4

From the choice you have, the silver 5 spokes looks way better than the gold 7 spokes.

belize1334

Are they for racing or street?

I like 5-spoke on 5-lug because I dig that kind of symmetry. Also, 8.5" is pretty wide for a street wheel and your car will be tracking the ruts in the road with 235+ tires. If it's race on the other hand then just go with the wide one if you can make it fit.

IncorpoRatedX

paint the 5 spokes gold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

NateCrisman

Damn! Not even close /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif GalantVR4 loves Green & Gold I guess.

vapid

I think we all know what the Bishop Don "Magic" Juan would say....

ImageAskTheBishop.jpg

GIjoe

Quoting MMCVR4:
From the choice you have, the silver 5 spokes looks way better than the gold 7 spokes.

+100000000 I'd go with the 5 spokes aswell...

mikus

another vote for silver Exels here. I usually go for bronze/gold wheels on black or white cars, it's not a good fit on green IMO.

Andy_S

I vote ssr's. 8.5 is nice and wide and I think they would be a good fit for a galant. There is so many vr4's on narrow wheels, a nice stance with wide wheel would be good to see. BTW, do you know the offset? That might be a determining factor in even fitting those wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts