The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Show Off: Audio Installs

veedubb8

Any audio enthusiasts in the group? Let's see your installs? I'm going to have a build thread coming up pretty soon for #100/1000 that will consists of:
Pioneer App Radio
Phoenix Gold TBA system
Rockford 3Sixty.3 processor
(2) Helix H400 amps
Focal 165KRX3 components
Focal Utopia Audiom 6w mids
Illusion Audio Carbon 10"

Would like to see what others have done as well. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

prove_it

I have a pioneer deck, some speakers.

I prefer turbo noises to music in the GVR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

veedubb8

To each their own.

I love the sound of my motor, but I'm also a gadget junkie and an audiophile, and I like to make the most of my vehicles and enjoy them for more than just speed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

matt92vr4

I have a loud fast car besides the Galant, so I was just thinking the Galant is due for a sound system upgrade. It's my daily and the kids love it. They always want to sing songs and listen to the radio. I have a nice head unit. Don't remember which one but it has green lights to match lol. That was the most important feature.

I've been out of the audio game since the late 1990's. Whats new?

mikus

#39/2000 was a audio shop showcar in the early 90's, had some nifty period-correct gear in it when I got her. I think she's somewhere in WI now, no motor much less gear.

I got old and stopped giving fucks. Still have various amps around, haven't gotten around to selling em.

prove_it

Quoting matt92vr4:
I have a loud fast car besides the Galant, so I was just thinking the Galant is due for a sound system upgrade. It's my daily and the kids love it. They always want to sing songs and listen to the radio. I have a nice head unit. Don't remember which one but it has green lights to match lol. That was the most important feature.

I've been out of the audio game since the late 1990's. Whats new?

Everything. lol. Usbs, full hard drive players, Ipod integration, more power, less single din "screen" displays.

mikus

^ using phone & bluetooth straight to amp / preamp to amp, skipping head unit.

Not sure why marketplace doesn't seem to be addressing this niche. makes me question if I'll ever put an aftermarket head unit in again. Ehhh, maybe that IS why....

Not for everyone but I love it

FlyingEagle

Staff member
^^^ If your line signal is boosted voltage wise, then yes, it will work well going direct to the amp.

Phoenix amps love voltage on their line in's. That is why they made the inline step-up voltage units.

I had the older Phoenix gear years ago. Sadly, not much in my Mitsu now.

If you have a low voltage signal (luetooth or similar/cell phone) from front to rear, the amp will increase the induced noise now present in the signal feed; assuming the amp is located a

great distance away from the source and the issues with possible RFI which will find it's way in.

Alernator whine/Fuel pump to name some popular sources.

YES, I would like to see some systems that are in use today, and the sound deadening/techniques they have in place to keep the sound environment a little dampened from external sources.

So many 3" exhaust system (front to back), that keep most people from ever thinking of installing serious audio gear in their rigs.

EMX5636

I have a bunch of old school sh*t in mine. Color changing (to match the stock green buttons) Clarion 845 something headunit with MusicCatcher. Old Phoenix Gold 3 way components in the doors with the tweeters mounted in the dash where the stock speakers were. JL Audio 2 way components in the rear deck. All fed with Gold Monster Cable RCA's and a Sony 5 channel Amp on the rear seat brace and a Boston 10" sub in a custom enclosure covering the jack. Sounds pretty good, all old stuff. Put it all in, then just loved hearing the billet turbo and twin SSQV's so it will probably stay that way forever.

bobdole

This is mine. Just
UFZyNu.jpg

RlJtMm.jpg

G5MzSm.jpg

cH0upo.jpg

AnotherNewb

Damn Bobdole, that's the cleanest amp and sub install I've seen in a Galant yet! Can we get some details on the enclosure?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I vote:

MDF box, support, Cotton shirt, fiberglass, 3M Super77 SprayGlue and a lot of patience.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Am I correct?

Looks great, heck yeah.

ozyvr4

Quite an awesome system . Never heard of the amps and sub , but I do have experience with the focal speakers.

In my daily - 2001 legnum. Working in a car audio shop my system is always changing
Pioneer Avhp8450 unit
Pioneer DEQ9200 DSP
Audison AV5.1k amp
Focal PS165FX splits ( running active )
2 x Hertz ES250 woofers in sealed box.

My GVR4 is in upgrade stage and the only things that are staying are my amps
Audison LRX 1.400 mono block ( 1 x 400rms @ 4 ohm )
Audison LRX 2.250 ( 2 x 120rms )
I'll most likely fit the Focal Flax 3 ways up front ( to replace my Canton RS 3 ways )
Not sure on unit and yet. I'll get the car going again first.

This is my legnum. I'm not too much into the far out install look so it looks factory.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned