The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Should I save it gvr4 310/1000

So I picked up a gvr4 it is a Belize green 92 sunroof car. But it has been wrecked in the front and the frame rail and rad support are bent on pass side. It also has no engine or trans and needs a rear window. Should I part it out or should I fix it I think I have a guy that can fix the front for under 400. I will try to post pics but what would you do?

LIV4PSI

Its impossible to say without seeing pics. Alot of it depends if you are willing to invest the money and time. And if you are mechanically inclined, if not I would pass. Thanks, Craig

transparentdsm

if your willing to put the time and effort into it then save it, if not take some pictures, post it in the for sale section and give another board member or maybe a new on comer of the VR-4 a chance to save it and then after like a month or two if no one wants to fix it then part it out. these cars are getting to far and few between to just part it out, unless your using a lot(over half) of it to restore another VR-4. thats just my personal opinion.

LIV4PSI

Finding the drivetrain will be easy, as you can just buy a 1g for a parts car. That will probably be the most cost effective way. If the front end damage is only $400, it sounds like a great candidate to save. Body panels are relatively cheap if you can find them local. I haven't sold any from the car I parted out, so they can't be in high demand. The interior bits are cheap, but the driver A pillar and few others are getting hard to come by though.

As transparentdsm said, it really just depends if you want to put in the time and money. Owning or building are GVR4 is never a wise financial decision, you have to do it because you love these cars and are most likely saving one. Its too bad you are so far away, I have a good radiator support, rear window, and front clip from my parts car.

Last edited:

I have most the stuff for the drive train. I have been into dsms for years and this would be my second vr4. The window and fender I have found in a local junkyard just have to find the vr4 specific parts like the front bumper. I would post pics but not sure how to as I only have my iPhone right now as my comp is having issues and can't upload pics to photobucket.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIV4PSI

Host your pics directly to this site, you don't need photobucket. Take the pics on your phone, and click the Upload Image into Post button at the bottom.

Still can't upload pics click the button and it won't let me Click on the choose file is there another way to do it

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts