The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Selling price?

bcjjones

I have a pretty clean, stock appearing 1991 GVR4. It has a walbro 255, FIC 950's, bastard 20g turbo, injen intake with maf and plug n play adapter, 1g vrsf front mount modified to fit, and an evo 8 ecu with plug n play harness. It also has an innovative wideband and autometer boost gauge. Might be forgetting one or two small things.

Interior is pretty clean, paint is a little faded, no major dents or dings, stock wheels with new tires.

THE MOTOR NEEDS TO BE REBUILT THOUGH!!!!! It has a completely stock rebuilt cylinder head with 500 miles, but the rings are gone and compression numbers are below service limit. It ran before I took the head back off but not very well.

I can spend 1000-1300 on a rebuilt motor with 15k on it, swap it out and try to sell it. Or try and sell it like it is. Which would yall do? What would y'all ask if y'all were to sell it in the non running shape it is right now?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

JCorbo25

At this point, best bet is to either part her out and sell the shell or rebuilt it, toss a couple thousand miles on her, then sell it in solid shape.

Prices have been all over the board lately, but what I consistently have seen: (Not specific about your car)
$4,000+ Well taken care of, sorted out, clean inside/out, no rust, lots of money in it (up to $8-10k in some cases, really depends on buyer).
$3-4k decent runner, mild/moderate mods, some issues possibly (mild rust, not 'tuned', interior, exterior, etc etc).
$2-3k Some issues, solid parts (possibly), needs work. I'd actually say closer to ~$2k for complete car with major issues.
$1,000+/- rolling shell with some parts leftover.

GSTwithPSI

The best thing you could do is write up a simple, yet comprehensive mod list, and accompany that with lots of pictures showing every angle of the car. Post those 2 things up, and we could easily evaluate the value of the car. Otherwise, aside from throwing out blanket price ranges, there's no telling what your car is actually worth.

coyotes

I paid 4k for mine with zero rust, 163k miles, no modifications, clean condition and overall good shape. But, it also came with an extra unassembled long block, brand new winter tires on an extra set of stock wheels, and an uninstalled 1g turbo back exhaust. I'm also the second (legal) owner of the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned