The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Seats?

Hi i'm new but was directed to this site off carolinadsms,i'm also on dsmtuners, 4g61t.org, and bushurs. I have a quick question will galant seats bolt right into my 1989 dodge colt gt? Thank you for the space.

maroonmetallic

They require a swap of the rear inner seat mount bracket & then the fronts still dont completely line up.
Keep in mind that the rear seat (that is almost useless as it is) will become almost inaccessible.

I have a few leftover Galant seats from partouts & that is my findings.

Hope this helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

-Shawn

TRBODSM

On mine only 3 of the 4 bolts and nuts fit for the front. I just did a little bit of bending on the rears. The bottom of the rear seat was cut a little bit to fit onto the stock locking location for the csm.

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

I imagine its easier to fit the rear seats from a Galant into a CSM sedan than it is for a hatch.
I looked into swapping Galant seats into the front of my Colt hatch & what I posted is what I found.
I wasn't too happy w/ the results so I didn't do it.

Hence the reason I have 2 full sets of Galant seats for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Shawn

TRBODSM

Yeah, my buddy is planning on putting dsm front seats into his csm hatch but we are not sure if they will be close enough to fit. I will go take pics of how the seats are installed on my car and post a link to them. I am satisfied on how they fit and wont be changing them anytime soon. It only took me about hr and a half to get it all done.

TRBODSM

that is how the rear seats were installed. The mounting tabs had to be straightened out to bolt down.

the bottom had to be cut a little bit and compressed back together for the smaller mounting holes on the csm.

img.php

rears installed

only one of the rears mounted up

img.php

both fronts fit

i've looked around and i think a 1g dsm rear seat will work, if not i might just have someone redo the whole interior black leather with red stiching. It should look nice with a black csm with the red stripe on the side of the car from the factory, along with all new factor red lettering.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned