The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SD setup ? Ecmlink v3

Nabeel

I need help to setup the SD using ecmlink v3+ ecm SD setup sensors and cable.

Attached my setting and a log. I couldn't let it idle right.
Mods are big 16g, ecm link SD setup,HKS264's, Tial wastegate, Apexi boost controller, 3" exhaust, AEM Adj. fuel regulator.
I have done leak test and let FPR at 38psi.

Please if any one can figure what I did wrong in my setup on ECMlink or did I miss some thing..
setup
log

EfiniX

I'm no expert, but my understanding of SD is that you really want to be a pro-tuner on a dyno to get the initial setup dialed in.

I'll probably convert to SD one of these days, so I'll be very interested in the replies here.

GVR4kauai

You do not need to be a pro-tuner or be on a dyno to tune sd. You just need to know what your doing and what to adjust and when and get some logs to work with! Can you add your complete mods? Injectors? Fuel pump? What maf setup where u running before you switched to sd?

Last edited:

ade

Dr Turbo's How to Tune a 1G V3 SD ECM LINK with no MAF CLICKY~> pdf

strokin4dr

I followed the above guide and it worked flawlessly for initial setup.

Nabeel

I have read that guide and I am still confused. There is some thing wrong. Here are some more facts which may help to get that idle issue fixed.

When I bought the ECM link.It was done for the following mods. 255lp fuel pump, 95Oct, fic650, FP@38psi, and most important is evo Maf.

I changed to the follows:-
SD Setup from ECMlink it has plug and play cable with GM IAT and 4bar omini MAP sensors, Iused the wideband as main O2 sensor (PLX has 1V output)it fitted on downpipe about 10-12" away from o2 housing. New oem plugs,new NGK spark plug cables, NEW K&N ram filter, Delete the FIAV and TB shaft seals replaced.
(Note idle was never be perfect) I tried changing all these just to get it fixed.

ghostinthevr4

No one is really going to be able to help you by you stating what's been done for your car. Some one might have some insight but not a lot, your best bet is to post a log on ECMlink's forums where people can actually see your data log. The data log will tell what's wrong with your car.

Nabeel

ghostinthevr4'

You could be correct. I am sure that some one here has similar setup who can compare my attached setup to what he has. Then some advice may help me to start. If am able to let the car idle and not to die at every stop then I can start the real tuning.

I am suspecting the close loop setup which I don't know how it works. because if I locked the open loop it idle good but still die at any stop while driving.

ghostinthevr4

I understand it makes it a little harder since you changed throttle body components too lets just assume everything is done right. Log closed loop to make sure your car even gets into closed loop. Before anything you should probably do a boost leak test on your system to make sure there are no leaks.

On the SD page track your data log to see what cells are affect by your idle change the cell that is highlighted and your idle should change. Increasing the number will increase fuel decreasing the number will remove fuel. When making your changes just un click track data log to make your changes.

What's your TPS volt reading at also what's your fuel trim Lo reading and your combined fuel trim reading at? Those two fuel trims should be + or - 5.

Log closed loop to make sure your in closed loop you'll know because it will show a 1 for the logged value a 0 means your in open loop still.

Good luck.

EMX5636

You are using the 1v output from the PLX wideband correct? If so, you shouldn't have the simulate o2 from wideband stuff setup. That is all based from 0-5v outputs (although you might be able to adjust the voltage settings). Just checking since you said it seems to be closed loop based.

Nabeel

What is other name of (fuel trim Lo)do you mean long term? The car goes in close loop then idle start acting crazy. I tried to play on the active cells adding/reducing fuel. It does change and I understand how it works some how. Most guides and demos available not much explaining SD setup. Mostly about MAF setup.
Important to know.... Do I have to wire the wideband to my ecu and read 0-5V to let the SD setup works?
And will the MAF Comp screen must work on SD setup? I have seen important adjustment done at a demo but not on SD setup.

Note: I am only wire up the 1V output from PLX to stock pin#4 I guess to read O2.

prove_it

At this point with the questions your asking, I would highly recommend you read up on SD and learn the basics. No offense, but it sounds like your completely unfamiliar with the systems in general and your blindly trying to get this to work. Is there anyone in the area that can help you? Sometimes it helps to watch someone and have them explain to you what's happening. Also look for videos on Youtube about setting up and initial runs of ECMlink SD set-ups.

The 02 sensor readings have nothing to do with SD operation, only RPM, IAT, and MAP readings. Having the wideband send a 0v-5v signal (wideband) to the ECU is important because it's what your data logging to set-up the system. It can be set-up on any open input, from there you can either have the factory 02 sensor running in all stock locations for closed loop operation, or have ECMlink run narrowband(0-1V) simulation to act like a stock 02 sensor.

Nabeel

Regarding finding some one around. I think I am the only one who got GVR4 and ECMlink in country. I Wrote here after I read alot but still no one perfect. Always there are missing points. I am sure there are experts here. from reply it easy to guess who have check the attachments ( firmware and log) and who is not.

If any one has running SD setup' please send me your firmware ecm file. That will help me as start and will shortcut the way.

strokin4dr

The guide posted previously works flawlessly, you just have to spend some time dialing it in correctly. If you can't figure it out, there are people on dsmtuners (on link too i believe) that will tune your car for you over the web for a fee. Sounds like you might need to look into something like that.

Nabeel

I will search for some one who can do that for fees through the web. May be I better to wire the WB to the ECU to get better log. I am not sure,,, shall I fit the WB sensor at the stock O2 housing location or just keep the stock one as it is?

prove_it

No, the heat from the turbo is brutal on WB sensors. Your best bet is to have a bung welded in just behind the oil pan next to the transfer case. You can run it in the stock location, but the heat will severely shorten the life of the sensor.

turbohf

tuner friend of mine has always said to put the wideband 25-30" (downpipe width x 10) after the turbine wheel. so like prove_it says, just after the oil pan is usually the best spot.

Nabeel

Ok. I will just keep the stock one as it is. My WB already fitted on the downpipe. Can't remember exactly but it is where I can see the oil pan and rear or mid of the transfer case.

G

Staff member
I wonder if ecm link is compatible with the new Bosch 4.9 LSU sensor?

prove_it

Does that sensor have a controller? If so then link will work with it. Link can't control a WB, so you need an interface. In that case I believe that any WB sensor can work, as long it has a controller that converts the signal and sends link a 0v-5v signal.

For those who don't know, a controller is needed to properly run the sensors heater circuits and process the WB sensors signal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts