The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Schwitzer s256 install?

Good day,
Had a quick question about installing a S256 with a bullseye housing. Has anyone has had any similar experience with not being able to clear the front motor mount.
When i bold up my manifold and turbo, the oil drain hose/flange hits the front motor mount. I figure that cutting it would be ok but was wondering if that is wise and if anyone had a better idea/suggestion. I have already tried a 45 degree fitting but that still doesnt clear, can't tap the turbo as it is a square outlet.
Thanks.

curtis

You have to notch the mount and alot. But the mount has a reinforcement so even cut its strong enough. If you need pictures of mine let me know with a pm. I had the next series size up but the center section should be the same. Let us know what the whistle sounds like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

donniekak

I'm officially retarded. I just asked the same question about a holset 5 minutes ago. I guess the accepted route is to grind away.

take a picture of the setup and where it is hitting i had the same problem with my pte 50 trim ill post a link in here so you can see if thats your problem.

click,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=4&Limit=25&Main=403144&Search=true&where=&Name=4184&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post432282

if this is the same problem you are having just read the posts you still need a 45

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned