The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SAFCII set up on new engine build

bmod530

So i'm finishing up my build, and am going to be running a 2g MAF, and an Apexi SAFCII. What I want to know is a rough estimate of what to set it to so I can break in the engine properly. This is a FRESH engine, 0 miles. I am very concerned about this and would appreciate any help on what to set the enrichment on the SAFC to, and on what different RPM levels. Heres a list of what i'm running for now...

14b
2g MAF
2g TB elbow
2.5in intake pipe from turbo
eBay front mount 12x24x3 inch 2.5 inch in/out
0.020 bore and stock stroke
8.5 piston c/r
CMP 2.5 turbo back
stock everything else

Thanks!

Last edited:

rgeier11

You will need a fuel pump and bigger injectors before an AFC will come into play. As long as you keep the boost around 12 right now, you should be fine.

Barnes

Do you have a bone stock ECU? If so, how hard would it be to throw the stock MAF back on? If it is easy it might be worth doing that, setting boost to stock, and zeroing out the AFC. Then after you break the motor in put the 2g MAF back on and tune it out.

IncorpoRatedX

i would suggest putting the stock maf back on for initial start up.

bmod530

Yes its a stock ECU, and I already have hacked up the stock MAF for the harness. I guess I would be able to reassemble it so I could use the stock MAF. Any other suggestions? Values to plug in?

speedyvr4

I would also use the stock mas also. after it's broken in, I would definatly do the fuel fump and afpr mods once the motor is broken in before tuning.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned