The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

S256 O2 Housing

JNR

Quoting doelcow:
Yep. Cast stainless... line-up is garbage though. Just test fit it and it's going to take me a day to port match it...

Well, don't worry too much, as both O2 housings I've owned made by "reputable" shops needed a good amount of work and neither one lined up perfectly...could've been "good enough" I suppose, but I wanted eveything to match up 100% and so I spent a little time on it and glad I did, as it came out real good and know things like that will make the difference between a 'bolt on parts' car that makes decent power to something that will put out more than you'd think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

doelcow

Quote:
don't worry too much, as both O2 housings I've owned made by "reputable" shops needed a good amount of work and neither one lined up perfectly

That makes me feel a little better.

JNR

That's good...it doesn't look that bad at all and at least the housing itself looks good and professional as is...The (unnamed) first housing I bought that was supposed to be a real good vendor was sort of a piece of sh*t, beyond just not lining up. Won't go into detail, but it reminded me of a homemade job, lol. I was able to clean it up real good and fix alot of the mistakes, but still for the $$$ those clowns charge. The 2nd one was a turbotrix and I will have to say it was good craftsmanship overall and really beefy flanges, with the only work I had to do was open up the main 2 1/2" opening (it was a blank so I made my own hole for the WG) from the turbo, as well as 'blend it in' due to the shape; the flange at the DP needed a little work, but not awful.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned