The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rpm wire to gauge cluster?

Specter

Hello! I was trying to make my rpm work. I took the white wire (by guidance of ecu pin out diagram) and basically attached it directly to the gauge cluster on its back. The way i understand it, there are 4 screws, two are for positive and two for negative. Where should i attach that wire. I tried each one of the negative but it did not work at all. Please guide me as to where should i attach it on the cluster itself ( i will wire it properly later ), and also tell me what other wires come in to play if i am missing any.
I gave some volts to test which wire does what.
1) The white wire of the factory boost gauge goes to the positive screw no.1 ( it turns on when the car is started)
2) There is another wire going to a screw which is directly below a big bulb holder. That is the wire for the bulbs right.
3) There is a wire on positive screw no.2 do not know what that does. It was not working when i gave it some volts.
4) There are two wires on the negative screw no.1 which i do not know what are for. Probably for for the bulb wire and the boost gauge wire? ( I attached the white wire from the ecu to this one, nothing happened)
5) The negative screw no.2 is empty. ( i attached the wire from the ecu to this one too, nothing happened)

My cluster is totally jdm so there might be color code differences between your cluster and mine. Pics would be much more appreciated as it would help me understand what goes where.
Thanks a lot!

movr4

Hey man I'm having the same issue with the rpm tach, what did you do to get it working again? Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned