The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rims, Size, Offset, Tires: Post all of the pics here.

GeorgeBillings

I know there is older threads. I'm about to buy some rims and I'm sure some of us will being doing so also. I want to just get a general thread of what the rims actually look like on the car with the size of the rims, offset, tire size, etc...

I've seen a bunch of nice rims on the Galant. I'd just like them to be all in one place. I still haven't seen a 17x7 with a 40mm offset. I guess this size is normally for Honda's. So if you will without the harassment of me trying to consolidate pictures, post pics of your ride with the size and offset.

What it boils down to is that I'd like to actually see it. Not only that I love seeing Galants anyway.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

here's my old setup
17x8 with +35mm offset rota slipstreams
245/40-17 toyo proxes 4

new setup (I don't have pics yet):
17x8 +38mm offset EVO MR SE BBS rims
245/40-17 toyo proxes 4

4Grim

Evo 8 Enkie 17x8 +38mm offset wheels
245/40/17 Dunlop Direza ZR

16mj6.jpg

15wc0.jpg

skivittlerjimb

Wow, that looks a lot like my car... prob. b/c I bought Adrian's wheels. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/laugh.gif

Sticks out ever so slightly from under the front fender lip, even with about -1.9 degrees front camber with this set up. I do have coilovers so that gives more clearance than stock front spring perches would. I have the same size tires Adrian did. No rub issues, except for full steering lock backing up, when the inner tread rubs the fender liner ever so slightly.

May try the 1/4" spacer in the rear to even out the rear with the front in terms of track and how they're lined up with the fenders. Rear trailing arm clearance is adequate and they've never rubbed there. If the wheels were .5" wider they'd likely contact the trailing arms.

-Jim B.
280/1000

GeorgeBillings

The red lip looks awesome.

kartorium

16x7.5 allesio's @ ~40 or 42 IIRC
225's

17x7 tsw imola @ somewhere around 40-42 IIRC (might have had a spacer in the rear in this pic)
235/40 or so kuhmos

17x8 5zigens @ 35
245/40

kartorium

As far as wheels you see, most of the 17's you see on galants in pictures are probably gonna be at an offset somewhere between 40 and 48. I'd be willing to bet you've seen plenty of galants with a 42 offset, you're not gonna see a difference in pictures between that and a 40. I've seen you post this question several times, and don't quite understand why you keep asking.

kcpaz

17x8 offset is 35 with 245 tire.

they clear, but I'm running a pretty healthy dose of negative camber

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
No comment on wheels, but dang i love that race car.

GeorgeBillings

Quote:
As far as wheels you see, most of the 17's you see on galants in pictures are probably gonna be at an offset somewhere between 40 and 48. I'd be willing to bet you've seen plenty of galants with a 42 offset, you're not gonna see a difference in pictures between that and a 40. I've seen you post this question several times, and don't quite understand why you keep asking.

K, I went to boostin's website and got a list of offsets and total backspace.

Now that I have the list I'd like to see the look of it on the car(Reason for this thread).

I could care less of how many post I have. I'm more or less trying to see what actually looks good on the cars. I seen these pics posted before but I don't care to go through each one and ask them what the tire size and offset is.

Easiest way put, I'm a visual learner.

G

Staff member
Quote:
17x8 offset is 35 with 245 tire.

they clear, but I'm running a pretty healthy dose of negative camber

I like those.

GeorgeBillings

Quoting kartorium:
16x7.5 allesio's @ ~40 or 42 IIRC
225's

17x7 tsw imola @ somewhere around 40-42 IIRC (might have had a spacer in the rear in this pic)
235/40 or so kuhmos

17x8 5zigens @ 35
245/40

I'm about to buy some rims finally.

They are 17x7 42mm

Is that what the allesio's are? What does it mean when you say 40-42mm?

CP

Search for "+wheel +offset"

Mine are 17x8", ET35.

kartorium

Quoting GeorgeBillings:

I'm about to buy some rims finally.

They are 17x7 42mm

Is that what the allesio's are? What does it mean when you say 40-42mm?

No, those allesio's are 7.5" wide. In comparison, the 17x7 you are looking at will look like they are even further in the wheel well, as in they won't protrude out and be flush with the fenders as much as the allesios. When i say 40-42 I'm saying I can't remember exactly what the offset was, but I think it was in that range. Could have been 40 or 42, just don't remember.

GeorgeBillings

K, I just found a different set I'm picking up today. It's a 18x7.5. I"m almost positive it'll be a 40mm.

Romanova

Quoting 4Grim:

16mj6.jpg

15wc0.jpg

OMG hot yes please do want! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

GeorgeBillings

I'm looking for pics of tires on a 16x7. I just bought a set of rims and the offset is 40. So I'd like to get an idea of what size tire I should buy.

very awesome love the wheels and carQuoting 4Grim:

16mj6.jpg

15wc0.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts