The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reviving 167

steve

So after having a bunch of stuff stolen out of the car, its been sitting for a few months. I finally made time today to dig into it. Thanks to the generosity of many of our gvr4.org members, I was able to get going on this thing. Replaced the a-pillar trim and roof trim pieces, wired in the new SAFC2, ran hose for the new boost gauge, replaced the battery which was dead (wouldn't take a charge), removed the turbotimer harness and controller, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Feels good to make some progress, but I wish I could have turned her over. With an unplugged port on the filter housing, I can't. Hopefully I'll get that straightened out next.

Thanks again to the unsung heroes who hooked me up. I'll do my best to pay it forward to the community. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Rausch

Pics or ban /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif I thought about it but my hands were filthy and didn't want to touch the camera like that. I'll get some pics soon. Its not much to look at right now but I did put the underdash panels back on when I was done, even the triangular kick panel piece by the ECU which has been off forever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif The DD rolled another 3000 miles today but it got neglected... it will have to be done tomorrow for oil change.

steve

She runs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif CEL so I have to get mmcd reinstalled and check the codes. Might be the MAS, it wont rev and when I unplug the MAS nothing changes.

steve

Oh I never checked the AFC settings after wiring in the new one! I bet thats it.

Polish

'gratsss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Good job Steve. Keep us updated.

steve

Hollur, the AFC was set to Hot Wire and 4-cyl. Fixed that and it runs fine! Have to finish installing the gauges properly and buttoning up the interior, then check for any leaks at the OFH from the gauge install.

atc250r

Staff member
Congrats Steve!! When you're done give it a test drive up here and fix my brake line! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

JB

Probation till pics are posted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

steve

I drove it around the block last night, but I fail for no pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JB

Your probation was cleared with Hertz. Once pics are up it will be lifted. Stay on topic.

DR1665

Quoting steveVR4:
I drove it around the block last night, but I fail for no pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

C'mon, man! Pics!

JSB's got nothin' on the OATB (Once Around The Block) Boys. That's the worst, imo. Car looks good. Sounds good. Even feels good. But you can't do more than a lap or two before something is wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Where I live, once around the block is 4 miles. Know how many times I have not made it back from the test drive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

steve

shitty camera phone pics but hopefully JB will lift my temp ban now... Aaron I still owe you interior pics, the camera wasn't gonna cut it for that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned