The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Returning Motor Mount to Stock

VR_IV_MR

Hey I just upgraded to all 4 poly motor mounts and its a little too vibrational for me haha. I want to change back the tranny mount to stock/rubber/filled (I'm not sure there is a difference?) How should I go about doing this? To me it seems like there may be a few choices...

Is there a part number for the rubber insert on the tranny mount?

Or do I have to buy the entire mount? is there a part number for that?

Or do I buy a used tranny mount and have it "filled"? (I kind of like this idea since I wont have to take the car out of DD in order to get the mount ready)

Thanks

jepherz

Staff member
I don't think you can just buy the rubber insert.

There is a part number for the rear mount, but who knows if it's still available. I don't have caps at work or I'd check it out for you; I'm sure someone will.

VR_IV_MR

there is a used one on the classifieds but it has a poly mount in it. can i buy it and have it "filled"? and then I'll be able to swap them without having to put my car out of service. is having it filled the same quality as the oem rubber?

Quoting Lexington:
Hey I just upgraded to all 4 poly motor mounts and its a little too vibrational for me haha. I want to change back the tranny mount to stock/rubber/filled (I'm not sure there is a difference?) How should I go about doing this? To me it seems like there may be a few choices...

Is there a part number for the rubber insert on the tranny mount?

Or do I have to buy the entire mount? is there a part number for that?

Or do I buy a used tranny mount and have it "filled"? (I kind of like this idea since I wont have to take the car out of DD in order to get the mount ready)

Thanks

Hmm... if you didn't need this done fast I'll be pulling my motor/tranny out in a month or so... I would be interested in a swap haha.

But yea I think you'll have to buy the mounts together because the rubber might not be sold seperately.

VR_IV_MR

im down to swap... i dont need it done immediately i just need it done fast when I am going to do it so my car gets back on the road right away. ill pm you.

VR_IV_MR

Can anyone confirm that MB436495 is the part I am looking for?

4thStroke

I'm getting tired of all 4 poly bushings, too. I daily drive my car. What I may do is drill holes in the poly inserts so when they are mounted, the brackets hide the holes.

It's between that or swapping the t-belt and tranny side mounts for stock units.

VR_IV_MR

im sorry, I don't think I understand why you would drill holes.

As of right now, I had 4 poly motor mounts installed. I want to return the tranny-side one back to stock.

quicktsi

What Poly mounts are you running, that you are not happy with? I ran Prothanes in my old DSM years ago with no complaints, and daily drove the car.

VR_IV_MR

I'm pretty sure I have the prothanes. Its too loud for me.

I really just want to revert the rear/lower/tranny mount back to stock but I am so confused as to what part number I need to order.

VR_IV_MR

EDIT:

all cleared up.

jnz tuning said that insert or (Stopper, T/M Mounting) is part number: MB436569, is actually the stoppers that connect the mount to whatever it connects to on the car ( the frame i guess?) I was going to order that too but they don't have it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MB436541-trans side----- replacing this one first to reduce cabin noise
MB436495-back-----------
MB436490-front----------
MB436505-timing side----

thanks everyone for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

MellowVR4

so is their really anyway to get rid of the vibrations and rattleling caused from the prothane mounts? some one said drill holes on the bracket. I mean im going to run them either way but dont want it to vibrate me to shoot my self. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

VR_IV_MR

Ok so I received MB436541 from JNZ tuning (they said it was the last one in the country) but my mechanic told me its a different mount. I'm thinking he may have been looking at the rear mount instead of the transmission mount. can anyone confirm this is the proper part number for the transmission mount?

this is the part that I received

VR_IV_MR

I figured it out its the transmission side motor mount.

One more question... Should I return the timing side mount to stock or just cut it off? Do you think having a stock mount would be quieter than having no mount?

donkeylips

Uh...you don't want to cut off a mount and run with only 3...

Yes the mount pictured is for the transmission and bolts to the body.

I'm not sure how people decide on which mounts to keep stock and which ones to go with the prothane, but my friend's car came with just a stock front mount, so we'll see how that works once we get it running.

IMO, if you don't like the mounts, just swap them all back to stock, or maybe try a somewhat symmetrical combination. Don't hack or remove any.

As far as your driver's side mount goes...some people cut it so that it resembles one from a 2g and doesn't wrap around the front. I think this is silly if you still have power steering. Either leave it alone or buy a stock piece to swap in there. That way at least you'll have a little bit of symmetry between your left and right side. I don't know which way the vibration will be worse from - front and back, or left and right.

BTW, all of these mounts can be easily obtained from any AWD DSM except for the trans mount you just got, and the front bracket that bolts to the engine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts