The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacing side mirror glass

strokin4dr

I have a set of JDM power folding mirrors on my car which are setup for a RHD car (concave mirror on the wrong side).

Has anyone been able the swap the original LHD glass onto their car when using the JDM mirrors? I have a spare set of LHD mirrors to take the glass from but I don't want to break anything.

Any tips, pics, or help in general would be great. Thanks!
-Ryan

turbowop

The guy that painted my car dropped one of my side mirrors and broke the glass, so I had to try and replace it. I remember it being a pain in the ass, but doable. Of course I was just replacing USDM parts with same, but I figured I'd mention that glass only is replaceable.

Last edited:

misterfixit

It's not the glass that's handed. It's the mounting base.

Undo the bolts that bolt the body of the mirror to the bracket that holds it to the car, and swap it for your LHD bracket.
There's a bit of stuff you need to take off the bracket first, but you'll get the idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich

strokin4dr

I knew about swapping the bases. I did that when installing them.

The glass is is definitely different between RHD and LHD cars though. I still haven't attempted to remove the glass to swap them. The mechanism inside seems pretty fragile. I don't want to break them...

strokin4dr

Figured I'd bump this up to see if anyone has any firsthand experience. I'm still rocking the jdm yo' glass! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Ryan, one suggestion: A good glass shop can cut you pieces and glue them over the originals. Not sure you can get the proper glass for the passenger side though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts