The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

replacement clutch

hi i just got a vr4 and the clutch is slipping i think i need a replacement one. Any suggetsions of brands and estimates?

GVR47111K

This question gets asked a lot. Do a little bit of searching up there ^. The big black bold letters, also, try Search's good friend Library. Look for what you need. Do you want stock or something to handle 500hp?

Anyway, Southbend.

Last edited:

i have a 16g turbo i nwas going to buy a act clutch kit but it costs over 400 bucks im lookig for something cheaper but with quality

GVR47111K

Quoting GVR47111K:
This question gets asked a lot. Do and little bit of searching up there ^. The big black bold letters, also, try Search's good friend Library. Look for what you need. Do you want stock or something to handle 500hp?

Anyway, Southbend. .

Up there. The page is displaying DSM clutches.

thanks guys,is this a reliable brand?
any suggestion on where i could get this installed out here in vegas?

GVR47111K

Hey it was no problem, it was a team effort.

Personally I've never run a Southbend unit, but I would, and others have and I bet if you check out that Search part of the forum again you could probably find a decent amount of info.

If all else fails, try the same question over at dsmtuners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

thanks again im just a little hesitant from buying because im no too familiar with the brands im scared that it wont work/fit.

can you give me a link?and do you anyoone here in vegas that can install it?

Jason G.

All turbo DSMs use the same clutch, fwd/awd, '90-'99.

Most performance clutches start at around 350. An ACT 2100 kit is right around 350, a 2600 will run about 450.

The Exedy stage 1 is around 300 bucks and should be fine for you, at least for now.

dmj

I can sell you a new Valeo clutch kit, Pressure plate. disc and throwout bearing for 75.00 shipped.

gvr4ever

Check out Rock Auto. They seem to have some upgrades in the $200 range.

gvr4ever

Does the car have any mods? Sock?

I put a factory clutch on a old turbo talon with some extra boost and IC/exhaust mods. Non abused, it never slipped under WOT once the clutch was all the way out.

Vr4junkie

I asked a similar question heres the link click this might help you out a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts