The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Repairing leaking Fuel Tank

raptorWagon

What is the best way to go about repairing a leaking fuel tank? The tank on my wagon has developed a slow leak now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galantvr41062

They have epoxy that's made for this, or fill with water and weld, or fuel cell. Pick up one from a junk yard.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
POR 15 in a dunk tank. Company local here is using this product in a dunk tank to reline both the inside and outside of the fuel tank.
Worked a charm on my C52a Colt, as it had leaking seams and pinholes up on top. The stuff actually gets harder with contact to moisture.
I sold that gas tank with the car and it outlasted the whole car with no issues from what I was told years later.
You could always paint the tank yourself and even clean and epoxy first, as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned