The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Removing oil seal

SmoothCustomer

I'm doing my bs delete and I decided I might as well replace the front case oil seal while I'm at it, but I can't get this stupid old one out. Anybody have any tips?

Is it in the car still? If is still in the car ita a little tougher, but if you have a new one just poke through the old one with something and pull it out.

SmoothCustomer

No it's not in the car, but for some reason it was stuck really bad, and apparently I was a little to aggressive with my prying and damaged the seal seat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thats on the Oil Pump..... Its expensive to replace, but you might want to if you think its going to leak. How is the oil pump to begin with?

SmoothCustomer

I was talking about the crankshaft seal actually, you reminded me that I never specified. I wasn't going to bother replacing the actual pump seal because I'm lazy and the pump seemed to be in immaculate condition. I also have never run it though so I have no idea about actual performance.

Your talking about the Front Main Seal around the crankshaft...... That is installed in the front case along with the oil pump, right?.... Regardless, if the seat is destroyed you should get a new part. It would suck to get it all back together and have it leak...

SmoothCustomer

Yes that is what I'm talking about and I already have a few spares so it should be fine. Just a nuisance since this one was in good shape.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts