The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

removing gauge cluster/installing Boost gauge in cluster

4g63t

Yeah, just pull the cluster, turn it over, and the bulbs twist out with a quarter turn.

Hertz

Staff member
quote:Originally posted by 4g63t:
As for removing the needles, there are a couple of ways to do it, I used a regular fork and slipped it under the needles and eased them straight up. Anyway guys, don't be scared to do it, just be really careful!!
grin.gif
Oh sh*t, that's genious! Since I have to adjust a few of mine that's how I'm going to do it this time.

Ouch! Maybe I'll just stick with the a-pillar pod. I can see the curse coming to haunt me on that one. So... You like the Import Intelligence guages? I was thinking about those with some new light bulbs as well.

Very nice! Sounds like you just made yourself a startup biz.. Taking orders yet? Was that a 52mm gauge or a 60mm? I've got a 60mm HKS electronic gauge I want to do that with.

One other question..why only a 20 PSI gauge? You won't be able to see boost creep if you decide to run one of those now famous PTE 50 trims that seem to run all day long at 20 psi on pump gas...

4g63t

Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing some to make some extra cash, but it's so time consuming and I just don't have the time. As for the 20 psi gauge, I got it for free...so in it went!

quote:Originally posted by Beemer:
Very nice! Sounds like you just made yourself a startup biz.. Taking orders yet? Was that a 52mm gauge or a 60mm? I've got a 60mm HKS electronic gauge I want to do that with. It appears to be a 52mm.. I don't think a 60 would fit..

quote:Originally posted by Beemer:
One other question..why only a 20 PSI gauge? You won't be able to see boost creep if you decide to run one of those now famous PTE 50 trims that seem to run all day long at 20 psi on pump gas... Hehe Im not gettin boost creep running 20psi on pump gas (all day long
tongue.gif
) on my 50 trim (fp green).

Yea so when do you start takin orders?
grin.gif
Im willing to pay a pretty penny for your work, its excellent!

I know I'd screw somethin up tryin to do it myself.. maybe i'll have to buy an extra.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned