The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Removed a/c??? Come on in

mr.mitsu

Hey all. I've removed my a/c and realized I didn't replace number 7 in this diagram

99c670b0.jpg

What did you guys do? Use a spacer?

Thanks for any help

raptorWagon

I kept Compressor bracket when I removed the AC from 1350 since as you found out is a spacer itself.

grocery_getter

3 options:

1. hack and install that portion of the compressor bracket so you got the proper thickness spacer out of it.
2. use / stack a few washers as spacer.
3. go to mitsu and buy the spacer. it is available from factory for cars that doesn't comes with ac.

I would just do number 1.

mr.mitsu

I don't think I even have that bracket anymore lol

Maybe I'll tighten the pass. side bolt and take a measurement of the gap and make a spacer...

Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lucas03ES

MB297732

Thats the part number for the oem part. I believe that it is 13mm thick as well

Olson

buy the spacer from the dealer. also dont drive it without the spacer, the bolt will brake off in the block... been there dont that

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned