The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Remove MAFT, SAFC for future ECMlink

mikus

so I think I'll give ECMlink a try on this latest vr4. That means dropping the SAFCII, MAFT and Eprom chip out.

Any pointers on pulling the SAFC? I'll record settings beforehand, and am more concerned about wiring since I haven't seen how they go in.

Still figuring out what goes on with the GM MAF & MAFT if I go to ECMLink & SD, I'm sure the MAFT goes too - I'd imagine the MAFT is easy to remove.

boostedinaz

You would just have to remove the wiring off the existing harness. The only wire that is actually cut is the maf wire. Just reconnect it and you should be good to go.

MAFT just unplugs from the stock MAF plug.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts