The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Registerd GVR4 Galants

Gizmovr4

According to dmv records and information provided by BBENDER on ecm link forum -

1. 1991 gvr4 currently registered in the US 624 cars
2. 1992 GVR4 currently registered in the US 356 cars
3. 1991 GGSX currently registered in the US 26 cars
4. 1992 GGSX currently registered in the US 1 car

of course this doesnt account for all the unregistered cars - but still interesting !!!

here is his post on DSMLINK : click

slugsgomoo

If those numbers are accurate, it just goes to show how many cars are JSB. My tabs expired in 6/07 so I'm definitely not in that list.

5OF2k

WOW!

Mine is one of those '91s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cant believe there is less than 1k registered GVR4's out there. Bananas!

-Jake

matt92vr4

Very interesting info. Of the remaining, I'm curious of the ratio between JSB and RIP lol. It's also neat to see that there are still about 2x the 1991's as there are 1992's. Same as 20 years ago!

I wonder if a poll on this forum would provide an accurate idea as to the percentage of tagged/untagged.

5OF2k

Good call Matt, ON IT!!

-Jake

**EDIT**

Started a Poll post, you can pick 1991 or 1992 or both, and click as many times as you need for whatever number you own.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

i'll be adding a '92 GVR4 to that list pretty soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

curtis

JSB right here

AWDPower

When my car was down for years, it was registered as non-op. I wonder if that would have counted as registered?

G

Staff member
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

slugsgomoo

Quoting blacksheep:
So, JSB peeps don't renew their tags on a yearly basis, then? I thought they had to be renewed for some reason!?!

There's no legal requirement for a car to be registered here in WA unless it's being operated on a public roadway. I don't carry liability coverage on the car while it's JSB either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

citymunky

Quoting AWDPower:
When my car was down for years, it was registered as non-op. I wonder if that would have counted as registered?

That's because you are from Cali and your DMV loves to dip their hands in your wallet.

AWDPower

You got that right. I had to pay a few bucks a year for the privilege of storing my own can in my own garage. If you fail to put a car into non op in CA, the cost to put it back on the road can be more then the car is worth.

transparentdsm

i bought a car when i was living out there. thought i was getting such a great deal and bam... 1500 in back dues... i was like i just bought the car they were like it doesn't matter. short story, dont buy a car in CA unless you trust the person the be honest.

turbohf

really only 27 GGSX's? i always figured there where more than GVR4's.

i feel special, parked next to one at the junkyard when i went looking for parts one day.

kama1

There are atleast 5 down here.all running.

James

Yea where's the 90 GSX??? I've got one

4orced4door

980 out of 3000 (well, 3008 or whatever). Wow.

Should've bought that damn white '91 yesterday.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts