The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Recommend me a Machine Shop in Denver

Based on some feedback from some members, I'll just pull my head and have it gone over. New valves and such. The motor was a swap, so it has lower miles than the chassis at 160k. Not sure of the exact mileage on the motor.

In any event, what is a good machine shop in the Denver area. Westminster/Thornton/Northglenn area. Also, would just a valve job do the trick?

Also, I've never taken a timing belt off but I know I'm not going to be re-using it for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Struc

No need for new valves most likely, but a valve job is a good idea. New valve seals, cam seals, etc. While in there, would be a good idea to upgrade to 3G lifters if you have any lifter tick.

In addition, depending on the miles of the the engine, you should consider replacing other timing components as well, while you have the timing belt off.

Both idler pullies
Timing Belt Tensioner
Balance shaft belt & tensioner, if still on the car
Water pump
And if you REALLY want to be cautious, replace the oil pump assy or pump gears.

Well, the car jumped timing and the valves hit the pistons, I'd think new valves would be in order. All the the timing components will be replaced. Lifters are a good point, no tick but mind as well. I'f I'm not going to save the timing belt, do I really need to take special attention while "removing" it.

Struc

nope. A utility knife would do just fine removing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't realize it had jumped timing. You'll want to have the guides checked out and replaced if out of spec as well then.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned