The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Recent Owner

Im having problems with my idle, when i come off the highway (or going over 45mph at a constant) to a complete stop my idle is at 1300 to 1400rpm after no more than 5 seconds idle drops down to 600rpm and bounces to 1300rpm for about 6 to 7 seconds. ive been told (by an "expert") than i have a dead spot at 4ohms (not sure what that means) i really appreciate it if i could get some help pictures and DYNO information will be posted soon.

Captn

100% stock car? Could have something to do with the FIAV? Have you done any searches?

There are literally thousands of idle problem post out there and about 98% of them lead to the same thing.

not 100% stock everything is upgraded im running 24psi and 437awhp its a daily driver and i have done researches but i dont understand what all that means. thank again

one of my buddies i went to boot camp build it and then six months later sold it to me

KiNgMaRtY

Start off by:

Checking the ISC. There is a youtube video on how to check it.
Block off your FIAV to see if that is the issue. There is a plate that blocks off the FIAV and leaves the ISC functional. It's like $20
Check for vacuum leaks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts