The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rebirth of #1759

theevozero

I dig it.

I'm sure you've mentioned it previously, but what injectors are you using? They look like 450's on top, being used as primary injectors?

dustyduff

Quoting BluFalcon:
Dustyduff: That car is beautiful. Well done!

Thanks! Your car is in my list of favorite cars on the forum along with Jordans, James Fosters, both of Nelsons and of course Marks....along with a few others.

Quoting theevozero:
I'm sure you've mentioned it previously, but what injectors are you using? They look like 450's on top, being used as primary injectors?

You're right, the primary injectors are stock 450's and the secondaries are FIC 880's. Haven't had a chance to really get them dialed in yet though. Need a solid state relay so theres a smoother transition in the tune when the race gas kicks i.

dustyduff

Thanks Terrance......

I never updated the thread after the rod bearing failure, but the new 2.3L is in and tuned to about 28lbs. Car is running strong right now. I still have a few more changes I'd like to make (headlights are staying though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). I'm hoping to get it to the dyno and track this year after the 2.3L has a few miles under its belt.

I was hoping to bring the car to EAST COAST MOD this year, but I missed it by about two weeks.

Last edited:

dustyduff

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
What did you replace your chrome stripping with? I noticed yours is black.

To perfectly honest, I don't have a part number. When I had my car at the paint shop, I had them purchase new stripping in black versus chrome. It suited my build for black/white theme better than chrome did.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting transparentdsm:
it might be this, im thinking about using it. click

Well, I have the link to the black stripping Wop used on his car, but was just wondering if this was the same stuff.

Dustyduff, the car looks flawless. Even though I'm typically not a fan of the one off stuff like the CF hood and projector lights, your car is so well put together that they seem to fit right in. Great job, dude. Do you ever have cooling issues with the half radiator?

Last edited:

dustyduff

GSTwithPSI.....thanks for the comments bud. The only exterior change is going to be to remove that front lip.

I did have some cooling issues with the half radiator, however that was due to the old motor having blown headgasket (found on tear down from spun bearing). My 255 fuel pump was starting to take a sh*t with my last setup so a new pump went in with new motor. My first motor setup had tons of issues, but it was a combination of things.

I ended up buying an AFCO Scirocco radiator. The civic half radiator is sitting in my garage collecting dust right now, but I don't think it was the radiator that was my problem.

tektic

Nice build!
Do you mind if i ask what that is you made the spark plug cover out of? I feel like I've seen that somewhere before but cant place what it is.

dustyduff

Quoting tektic:
Do you mind if i ask what that is you made the spark plug cover out of? I feel like I've seen that somewhere before but cant place what it is.

I've had if for so long, even I have a hard time remembering where I got it from. I believe it was an old RRE spark plug cover, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned