The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Tie Rod Boots

ApexHunter

Hello all,

I'm replacing the rear outer tie rod ends and the OG boots are looking pretty haggard. I'd love to get some new ones on there before it goes back together but they are NLA from Mitsubishi, and i can't find aftermarket units anywhere either.

Does anyone know of a substitute or alternative? I compared one from a early 90's 4WS Prelude, it won't work. I've tried searching for the part under 3000GT as well, no dice. (They use the same Mitsu p/n, MB489785)

tags: tierod rear tie rod boot bellows cover covers MB489785

ApexHunter

The p/n i originally posted was superseded. New p/n: MB584205

EDIT: Chrysler also shows that the part is NLA. (searching under Dodge Stealth)

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Ended up taking a sample to a rack rebuilder. We just matched it up best we could. I wound up with boots that are slightly longer than i would have liked, but the inner and outer ID's are good, binding is a non-issue and they definitely work as protective covers and will continue to do so for many years to come hopefully. I was unable to get a part number or specific application info from the guy. It sounds like this is the best course of action though- take a sample to someone who does steering racks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned