The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear subframe

Gordian79

Ive got a 1g rear someframe that i want to put in my car.but before i do that i want to pretty much get all the bushings and what ever else i can replace.I was going to do the 5 bolt swap because i have all the parts but decided against it since my car has new wheel bearings all around and i dont have any 5 lug wheels.Im definately getting a sway bar and ingalls rear camber kit.heres a pic let me know what else.

How are the ball joints? Part # MB241883 is a perfect fit even tho it's not listed for our car it's the one actually used OEM. (Mitsu wants to sell you the whole arm)

Also pancake bushings for rear subframe and mustache brace.

Gordian79

Thanks for the part # i checked the price on it and its $33.mitsu is so sneaky.I was wondering if the bushing rod on the (2)traling arm is also available.

Gordian79

^^^^u mean the trailing arm bushing?I guess i should get a rear 1g poly bushing kit.

atc250r

Staff member
Get a 1G DSM rear poly bushing kit for the arms and if you want to get it for the subframe mounts too then go for it. Don't waste your money on a rear camber kit, once you have poly bushings and adjusters that actually work you won't need it. My car is pretty low and I can dial the camber to the point that the top of the tire sticks out more than the bottom. All I have is a set of poly rear control arm bushings.

John

+ 1 on the rear camber kits. I got one and there is no way of making sure the camber on the cambered bushing does not move on you. I've actually hear of guys that have had problems with them moving around.

And as John said, once you get nice new camber bolts in there it looks like you have plenty of adjustment.

I'm leaving mine in (may be sorry) and if the camber does not stay I'll pull it and change them out next winter.

Gordian79

so i should just spend the $65 or so dollars on the rear camber bushings and bolts.who makes the rear camber bolts whiteline? I just dont want the bushings to move around like ive heard them doing.

I'd get all 3 bushings trailing arm, upper control arm, lower control arm. None of the bushings cambered.
(RvlutionMtrsport is who I got mine from, was quick)

The camber bolts I got mine OEM. part # MB515167 (41393 in pic) $ 3.87 each from MitsubishiParts

Sub frame pancake stopper OEM part # MB584140 (41051 in pic)

Mustache Brace stopper OEM part # MB515154 (34228 in pic)

487527s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
Whiteline makes very nice stuff but it seems that sometimes parts can take a while to arrive. If they are in stock then great but if not they have to come all the way from AUS. The Energy Suspension stuff will fit right in with the DSM subframe:

Control Arms

Subframe

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts