The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Subframe poly Bushings **comming to a end**

boostx

The rear mustache brace bushing are been tested now so I should have an answer very soon.
I wil have them in 2 to 3 weeks

Last edited:

curtis

Talked to John other day and the mold guy is saying shipping this week but no news yet I'm planning on calling tomorrow so will post an update for everyone.

boostx

They are in transit.

boostx

I am still awaiting delivery of the bushing. I will be contacting them to find out what’s the status.

boostx

NEWS FLASH
Got a partial shipmen of bushing this morning, I will start shipping them this week..
Thanks all..

stealthtt24

John I will be getting those pics tonight, I realized my g/f had the camera on her cruise and just returned today and the pics were on there...

boostx

Those who are waiting Mustache brace bushing, they have been shipped

In response to the effect of the rear subframe bushings, these things are AWESOME. Install takes more time than had been previously mentioned earlier in the thread (realistically, with an 18 year old car the original bushings are going to be completely shot and are a bitch to remove if you don't have a torch) but is still fairly simple. I did it on jack stands in the garage and installed two new ebrake cables, and sandblasted all of the nuts and bolts that were removed before reinstallation and the total time actually spent working on the vehicle was probably closer to 8 hours. Note, I wasn't hurrying myself too much, but you have to remember that while working on jack stands by yourself, removing the exhaust, driveshaft, and rear subframe can be a bit of a hassle if you're trying not to destroy anything including avoiding snapping/stripping old rusted nuts and bolts.

But back to the good stuff. These bushings made a world of difference on my car. Just by installing these it stiffened up the rear so much compared to the original bushings, it feels like a whole new car. I would STRONGLY advise use of these bushings to anyone and everyone who owns one of these cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

boostx

So where are the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Flip4G63

i really need to order the full set for the rear.

i'm just waiting for the rear end install. lol dont want to be in there 2 times.

Quoting Boostx:
So where are the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I only got one picture of the subframe right after I took it out so it's not of much use. My camera died and I didn't feel like waiting for the battery to charge to finish the project.

Just got done making my bushings, used Derlin. took about 2 hours on the lathe.

scot

How about pictures of that mustache brace. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Delrin was thought of as a material before these bushings were made but it was agreed upon by most of the market these are geared to that it would be too rough of a ride. However BoostX can have these made in delrin by request.

Here you go. (by the way this stuff is going in a mirage)

scot

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

For what you did delrin will be fine but to mass produce these in delrin would lead to bad results. As you probably saw every id of the braces would have to be dead perfect, which there not, and be able to be pressed in. Out of every bushing I checked none had the same measurement so the high durometer polyurethane was used so it can be pressed in and expand and hold position without wear of the steel and also the material weeks or years later.

Curtis needs to post a video of the mustache brace bushing installed vs. the oem bushing. There's so much movement/play with the factory bushing I was astonished. I suspected there would be some movement but when you can put the mustache brace in a vice, pull on it & have it move ~3-4" in either direction that's not good. Imagine how much more it moves when you launch or turn hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif.

He then proceeded to show me the difference in movement with the Boostx/Curtis engineered poly busing & agin I was astonished. This time, there was barely any noticable movement either way. I will be changing out my 4 bushings for these poly ones.

Eighty9TSI

I will definately take a set. Do I contact directly via this thread?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned