The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Subframe poly Bushings **comming to a end**

Yes, frankly DHL can E.A.D, they sub-contract delivery company's to deliver there packages, or the used too. Bad experiences with the delivery dates and professionalism on many occasions.

boostx

They have all been shiped.I never had a problen with DHL.

boostx

Hey 92talon i have some more for sale by the end of the week..

CmanorVr4

DHL is alright in my book, received my bushings today! In a big yellow and red DHL truck with a big ass driver too,,,,lol!!!

boostx

one down many to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

skivittlerjimb

Got mine today. Thanks! Don't think I'm going to attempt the install myself, though. My meager skills, paltry tool box, and lack of a good garage means I'm in for a reaming from the one or two shops around here that I know will do a good job putting these in along with a host of other rear bushings on this car.

-Jim B.
280/1000

curtis

Jim as long as you have a drill, a large c clamp and a few attachments for the drill you can do it. The test piece I did for John was on the bench but only took about 20 minutes total. I pressed it in dry but you could use rtv or windsheild urethane to aid in the pressing in part. This will cure inside and help fill small voids etc.

I will add press the new poly bushing in first then press the steel bushing inthe middle that you have to reuse from the factory set-up. This helps lock everything into position.

Also the subframe is built separate from the bushing assembly from the factory. The bushing is built with a steel sleeve with the inter steel bushing and the two steel halfmoons balanced into position as the rubber is vulcanized to them. Do not remove the outer steel sleeve. The new bushings are designed to use these and want fit if the intersleeve is cut out.

Travw3911

Quoting Boostx:
Hey 92talon i have some more for sale by the end of the week..

If you have any left overs or are going to order another set let me know please!

boostx

I will have some more very soon.

Last edited:

curtis

^I'm trying to get to the measurement stage for the mustache brace. Its a no win situation pressing them out without a special fixture so they will install same as the big bushings. drill and clean and press in. Hoping for tomorrow giving John a call with specs.

boostx

i also want to say thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif to Ian/digit for his input on this, is not all me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gvr4-330

I hope mine come soon. I'm much closer than CA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned