The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Subframe poly Bushings **comming to a end**

CP

Maybe they're Prothane? Beats me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

christo

The only subframe bushings that Energy Susp. makes are for the front. They do not offer them for the rear.

RayH

There was a company that made polygraphite bushings for 1G's a few years ago but I don't think they're around anymore. You might have a set of those. Most Energy Suspension bushings I've seen are red.

Actually I think Energy Suspension did make full 1G bushing kits at one time but they've probably discontinued them since they didn't sell well.

Last edited:

Larry Parker

I have a set of the rear energy units new in the box... they are years old and have been sitting in my garage for some time....

lp

christo

Quote:
I have a set of the rear energy units new in the box... they are years old and have been sitting in my garage for some time....

Gotcha, I thought they only did the front. Could you possibly take a look at them and grab the part numbers off of them?

CP

The ones in my photos are circa 2005, so maybe they are ES units.

Larry Parker

The ones i have are circa late 90's !!!

Quote:
Here's what I've got left:

Energy Suspension bushing numbers read (from top to bottom):

Flat washer-like black pieces on right in second picture read:

Can anyone confirm where these go?

Cy, I'm in the same boat as Larry, so I just went out and took a peek. 1008 and 1009 are half of the rear subframe bushings, and 3174 is a front control arm bushing. The other half of the rear subframe bushings read 1019 and 1020; double check the stampings. The P/N for the entire rear subframe bushing kit is 5.4105G; hope this helps.

CP

Thanks Jon. So if anyone wants these bushings, shoot me a PM. I'm thinking $15 per set.

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
Quote:
Here's what I've got left:
Energy Suspension bushing numbers read (from top to bottom):

Flat washer-like black pieces on right in second picture read:

Can anyone confirm where these go?

Cy, I'm in the same boat as Larry, so I just went out and took a peek. 1008 and 1009 are half of the rear subframe bushings, and 3174 is a front control arm bushing. The other half of the rear subframe bushings read 1019 and 1020; double check the stampings. The P/N for the entire rear subframe bushing kit is 5.4105G; hope this helps.

Are you SURE about those part descriptions? Energy suspension actually doesn't make a whole bushing kit for DSMs. Any place that you do buy a "kit" it is simply just a bunch of part numbers thrown in one box. That's why they all come in separate boxes. I ordered a kit from energysuspensiononline.com or something like that, and 54105 was listed as "subframe mnts". I found out very quickly, though, that these bushings were 2 sets intended on the FRONT subframe, not the rear at all. After calling energy suspension and prothane, I found that neither actually made a bushing for the rear subframe. The top two bushings in Cy's pics are front subframe mounds (4 of the 6) by my memory, and the bottom was for the upper control arm in the rear. This could be confirmed if Cy could post a picture of the bushing pulled apart.

Anyways, those were just my findings. Sorry for the thread jack.

CP

That bottom bushing doesn't pull apart. It's one piece as the photo shows. The top two have the poly "washer" pulled off, and I've listed the P/Ns I see on them. Please explain exactly how you'd like a picture and I'll take some more.

CP

Anyone want the extra set of rear swaybar endlink poly bushings I've got?

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
That bottom bushing doesn't pull apart. It's one piece as the photo shows. The top two have the poly "washer" pulled off, and I've listed the P/Ns I see on them. Please explain exactly how you'd like a picture and I'll take some more.

It sure looks like it pulls apart to me. Why else is there a big groove in the side and multiple layers on one of the ends? It looks like it even has two part numbers.

Last edited:

CP

It's one single bushing with a metal tube in the center.

Quote:
Quote:
The P/N for the entire rear subframe bushing kit is 5.4105G; hope this helps.

Any place that you do buy a "kit" it is simply just a bunch of part numbers thrown in one box. That's why they all come in separate boxes. I ordered a kit from energysuspensiononline.com or something like that, and 54105 was listed as "subframe mnts".

Sure looks like one "box" to me. Perhaps the G denotes the rear? It doesn't say front or rear on the package or the instructions though, just subframe.

boostx

i need at least 10 pepole to to make this happend.

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The P/N for the entire rear subframe bushing kit is 5.4105G; hope this helps.

Any place that you do buy a "kit" it is simply just a bunch of part numbers thrown in one box. That's why they all come in separate boxes. I ordered a kit from energysuspensiononline.com or something like that, and 54105 was listed as "subframe mnts".

Sure looks like one "box" to me. Perhaps the G denotes the rear? It doesn't say front or rear on the package or the instructions though, just subframe.

I was referring to the whole 1g kit when I said "kit". I called ES and they told me that their dealers should NOT be selling a whole kit for our cars. Anyways, those look like the bushings I had, same ones Cy has pictured, and would only do 4 of the 6 FRONT subframe mounts. That, and the last bushing in his kit pulls apart and is used for the rear arm.

Sorry to threadjack, Boostx.

CP

So I'm going to guess that the big fat bushing at the bottom of my picture is the final set you'll need for the front subframe. DSG only installed rear subframe poly bushings for me back in 2005. So it looks like the ones I've got left will cover the front subframe. Anyone want these, or should I use them to start the next fire in my fireplace?

jepherz

Staff member
Jesus H Christ. How many times do I have to say that THEY DON'T MAKE rear subframe bushings and until I see pictures of the bushings installed in the rear subframe, I'm going to argue it.

CP, the bushing you have in the BOTTOM of your pic is NOT a rear subframe bushing, it is a 2 PIECE bushing intended for the rear control arm. If you don't believe me still, I searched google for "energy suspension 3174", the part number stamped on one of the pieces of that bushing. Search it on this page and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts