The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear subframe bushings question

mr.mitsu

Just wondering if I need to keep the large washer type spacer that goes between the body and subframe/mustache bar?

I'm installing solid mounts on all 4 corners

Thanks in advance

Vr4junkie

Well I would re-use the washers just to be on the safe side I had to but I'm using the boostx bushings.

Wookalar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif I wouldn't reuse any of that cancer. You can probably find similar washers at a local hardware store.

I'm not sure if the front is the same as the rear but the bushing kit I got from JNZ came with new zinc coated washers (I think they were zinc coated, they had that shiny goldish color to them).

As a last resort you might be able to get non rusted washers from someone doing a part out. Or you could order that JNZ bushing kit for the front subframe and just use the washers.

Or there is always a local pick n pull yard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

mr.mitsu

I definitely won't be reusing these lol

I actually found some washers at work and they are a perfect match.

Larry Parker

I ditched them and machined a thick flange on the delrin bushings I made...

prove_it

That's hot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned