The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Re-finishing wheels

G

Staff member
Quote:
I have a question for you guys that have chromed, or powdercoated your wheels. What did you do with the center cap? Obviously it wouldn't look the same because being made of plastic it wouldn't do so well in the same process as the wheel. I assume that you run without it.

np,

img0005of7.jpg

i then painted the 3 diamonds red....

spoulson

So G, what did you use?

G

Staff member
chrome plated....

spoulson

On plastic? I didn't think that were possible.

G

Staff member
Yeah it's possible, rim companies can't do it though. you have to go to a plastic chrome plater.

Damn, u are going to be the only one with chrome stock wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Wow, I thought those wheels were so ugly until just now. I'm not sure what's better, the chrome or the black satin.

TWEAKD4

G, you have a picture of the wheels on the car.

CP

Powerplay stripped his wheels and left them bare aluminum. I don't remember if he then applied some type of clearcoat. They look great. Try sending him a PM asking for details.

Last edited:

powerplay

Yes, I did strip them with paint stripper and am about to put them back on for the winter. I have only applied a penetrant and wax to them. It is cheap and easy to do. Here is a picture. I did paint and clear coat the center cap.

G

Staff member
These may be fs soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts