The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rallyish suspension

14u2nV

Sitting here looking at my empty shell of a car, I can't help but imagine what it would be like for it to sit so high and proud in a running state. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Has anyone done a suspension that keeps it at its max ride height? Are there struts that can do this, or would you have to make some kind of spacers? I know rally cars tend to have quite a bit of suspension travel, but that's about all I know about it. I think it would be fun to make my spare into an offroad, hill jumping, mud slinger. Has anyone else built one in this way? I wouldn't worry about electronics, ete,, just a basic turbo engine would be plenty fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I use my gvr4 mainly for rallycross/beatings in the snow. I recently installed the evo 8 struts and love them. I didnt cut the front springs, and in the back i welded the lower bushing lower in the fork.most people have the bushing up in the "u" of the fork, i have mine spaced about 1/2" lower, and i also used the gvr4 upper spring cup, as it is about 1/2" taller. I can take some pics if you would like. It sits about 1.5" taller than it did(on 230K mi orignal springs).At my most recent rallycross, i disconnected the front sway bar and put a used set of rally tires i got off a friend of mine and it handles great and regularly beat wrx's.

turbowop

Now that I have Ground Controls on 503 I'm thinking about raising it about an inch or so for next winter. Actually, I don't even know if it's at stock height at the moment. Can somebody measure from the center of the wheel to the top of the fenderwell on their stock suspended car for me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts