The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radio stops working

Lucas03ES

My car has an aftermarket pioneer deck, and all 6 speakers are pioneer/lightning audio. I was driving down the freeway the other day, and then suddenly everything cuts out, and all sound was lost from the speakers. The deck still appeared to be functioning perfectly fine. So a couple days later, I was swapping my battery out (Relocated to trunk), and when I got in the car, the radio magically worked. It worked for another couple hours until it just cut out again. Could the deck be bad, or could it be something else? Thanks!

Lucas03ES

I connected the ground to one of the four screws going into the metal piece directly behind the deck. Is that a bad spot? Where have you guys put yours?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned