The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radio installation

mistaVR4

Hello all;

I have my single DIN radio all wired up, just don't have it mounted yet. I have a few ideas I just wanted to ask how you guys have done yours? Also, if I were to just order a kit online, does anyone have any suggestions of where I could get one from for the best deal?

Thanks!

-Steve

turbohf

IMG_20150310_195457_zpsjy4aiqgx.jpg

that's mine. i use a radio pocket/surround i got from a 93 Galant, dont remember the trim level. the one that came with my Galant was a double DIN (or bigger) hole, with a bolt in pocket. it was a mess. this setup works/looks mint.

mistaVR4

Yeah that is a great option, looks nice man!, That's what I'd really like to do but those things are so damn hard to find....

turbohf

thanks. i got lucky after pulling the trophy piece (headlights) i was looking through the car, seen that. needed fair cleaning but otherwise nice.

i have seen a couple in the classifieds, maybe some guys have them laying around?

another option. i assume you have the big double DIN trim ring like i had? you can go to craft/hardware store and get an piece of ABS plastic and cut it to shape to support a DIN radio, then you can have space below to cut for gauges/etc.

mistaVR4

Unfortunately I don't have the original double DIN trim, although I may put up a post to see if anyone has one for sale. I was considering buying a piece of ABS and then just getting creative to make it look nice. I do have all my gauges squared away so I'd like to do the pocket.

Thanks for that info!

Ice, good links! Which pocket did you end up going with out of the three?

Thanks!!

-Steve

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I think I used a 99 Galant version, but not ordered from any of those sources. I came up with it somewhere else.

There are some slight differences in the front lips on the various OE versions IIRC, but should be able to make them work. Since you don't have a front trim right now, how you deal with it will depend on what you do there.

mitsuturbo

Mine is fitted with all OEM bits. The piece under the stereo came from a 7g. Usually this piece is already ripped out when I find a 7g in the junkyard, but once in a while i get lucky.

mistaVR4

Thanks for all the info/ideas fellas! I'll get it all done soon. yours all look really good!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts