The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator Temp Sensor Adapter

KiNgMaRtY

I am changing up my radiator setup a bit and am purchasing an Evo 3 Koyo radiator. They do not come with the lower temp sensor. I really don't want to have a bung welded on to it. SO as an option, I am going with an inline adapter. I just need to confirm what the correct size is for our cars. Is it a 34mm or 38mm for the radiator hose inlet/outlet size?

As for where the read sensor will thread into, I have read 3/8 BPST and 16x1.5. Just want to make sure I order the correct one.

turbowop

This is the perfect opportunity to trash that switch (it's not a temp sensor) and use 'link to control your fans instead.

prove_it

Mark, I swear anytime a fan question pops up you say that same thing.

You must really love controlling your fans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting turbowop:
This is the perfect opportunity to trash that switch (it's not a temp sensor) and use 'link to control your fans instead.

I have link. If I could do that, that would be great. How do I do that? I have an aftermarket man fan without the resistor installed and the oem a/c fan untouched.

prove_it

You use one of link's controllable output to control a relay in the engine bay that switches power on to the fans.

Then set your enabling conditions to what you want.

turbowop

Quoting prove_it:
Mark, I swear anytime a fan question pops up you say that same thing.

You must really love controlling your fans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I do, lol. I just think it's a great feature that not enough people take advantage of. But this is a perfect reason to use it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned