The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator fan sensor

OMFGeofffff

I think I read somewhere that the stock temp sensor to trip the fans would work in the thermostat housing. I don't have a/c so I don't need either sensor. Can I unscrew the very top one(points straight up) and put my fan switch there? Otherwise what can I tap into in the engine bay to activate my fans when ignition on?

bmxkid415

I'm pretty sure, Almost positive that the coolant temp sensor on the actual radiator has larger threads then on the thermostat housing. As far for what else you can use to tap into, I am unsure. I'm sure that sensor isn't all
that much money to replace

OMFGeofffff

Well I took my radiator sensor and pulled the vertical sensor out of the thermostat and put it there. Screwed right in and my wiring was long enough to reach. I'm going to have to extend it a little bit though.

brisvr4

I run mine in the thermostat housing. The location where you put yours should be just fine.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts