The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

push start shift knob

InitialdVR4

when i bought 890 it came with a push start on the shift knob and i had plans to remove got lazy but now it has crapped out on me. So my question is what is
needed to put a stock ignition back in and if anyone has parts to sell for this id really appreciate it.

transparentdsm

if it still has the normal ignition, where you need to use a key to have the steering loose, follow the wires that come off the push button, at the end of the wires attached to the push button there should be two wires that were cut, take the push button wires off and reconnect the two wires that were cut and connected to the push button and your car should be normal again.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Time to go find a Galant at a yard, or find someone parting one out. Buy the whole ignition and turn stalk console portions, complete with wiring and be done with it. Re-code the cylinder to match your key or get the key from the donor car. If your local Mitsu dealer is any good, or someone on the site can do it, you can get the tumbler numbers just be "reading" the key. I'm sure Mitsu will have another option for reading the key also.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts