The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Push lock hose

prove_it

Anyone had push lock rot out in a two year span of daily driving? I just happened to notice my -6 fuel lines weather cracking and ready to let loose at the fittings. The feed line is cracking the whole length from the filter to rail.

Street Surgeon

What brand? Aeromotive is supposed to last ~ 7 years.

ktmrider

Hmm would suspect the hose used is not liking the fluids going thru it. You run E85 or the high ethanol blends up there? Hose may not like the alcohol.

prove_it

I did run ethanol for about 6 months. Been on gas for over 6 months now. Kinda what I was thinking. I bought the line and fittings as a kit from Modern Auto.

Just found a place in town that will wholesale me some goodyear line for $1.89 a foot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prove_it

From the Gates website on fuel line compatability:

gates info

They claim E15 is more aggressive... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

G

Staff member
Fuel lines should be ptfe. That's probably your problem.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned