The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Proud owner of 1880/2000

NDVR4

Its a white 1991 galant vr4, unmolested as theevozero would say. Only modifications are a dvd player (previous owner) and drop in K&N air filter(previous owner). As I understood it I am the third owner of this car, and hopefully the last. There are no modifications planned, I intend for now to only replace parts it needs and wants for right now. She is rough around the edges but has very little rust in the undercarriage. Pictures to come! O and Hello GalantVR4.org I appreciate any and all advice, and hope in time I learn this car enough to give back to the community.

NDVR4

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

NDVR4

There are some of the pictures I have, there are more of some of the damages on the car I will upload later. Sorry for any repeated pictures.

coyotes

welcome, you got lucky finding a car with no rust in ND. The pics look like it has salt all over it though. Clean it up nicely, I'd considering coating everything with a rustproofing and work on your basic maintenance. A good tuneup is a good place to start. Check the condition of the timing belt and change that as well.

90ggsx

Congrats on the pick up! It looks good, and maintenance is a must, but I hope you clean the engine bay up a little, a clean engine bay is always nice!

GSTwithPSI

You better pull the front fenders and check for rust at the bottom rear of the wheel well. You'd be surprised what you can find hiding under there...

NDVR4

Thanks for turning me on to Toms Turbo Garage, great videos that I enjoyed the first time through. I will be watching them again so I don't miss anything!

NDVR4

Found the car in Montana hence it being not as rotted out as most stuff here, and underneath the fender near the wheel well some rust has formed and is looking kinda rough.

NDVR4

Also ordered redline fluids for transaxle, transfercase(need to replace output seal and yoke), and rear diff fluid. Along with ball joints the alignment shop said they needed.

NDVR4

Some of the things I have noticed wrong with it on exterior, I have noticed more with the interior(rip in driver seat and back seat)(missing trim on the driver side mirror electronics) (two door locks are broken off?!?! they are now half locks)

More pictures coming soon, unless someone tells me to stop haha.

NDVR4

GSTwithPSI, Yea hopefully nothing is rusted through yet and can be cleaned up. Does anyone know how aggressive I can get with sanding, I was thinking electric drill with wire wheel, or should I sand by hand?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts